Any interest in my 2006 Gransport? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any interest in my 2006 Gransport?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by italiafan, Jun 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BluMalago

BluMalago Karting

Jan 18, 2007
    Not to highjack the topic, but I guess I don't know the car as well as I thought. I always thought that the Gransport's engine, which was a modified version of the earlier Maserati Coupe/Spyder's V8, had more in common with the Ferrari 360 because the Maserati's engine was based off the 360. I know the Maserati came out a few years after the 360's launch but well before the launch of the 430, but after looking up the production dates of the Gransport/430, I see they line up.

Anyway Italiafan- keep the car, enjoy using it. I mean, whats so bad about having a Maserati as an extra car?

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    The block of the Maser engine preceded the 430 and became the 430's. The 430 obviously uses a different crank (flat) and other parts...but they are kindred spirits.
    The engine in the GS is amazing, as I am sure Rob Lay will tell you too.
    It really is a great car.....but the 550 is better.

But how many toys can one guy have..especially with a lame-@ss 3-car garage!
    When the 3500GT is done being restored I don't know what i'm gonna do.......

:)

3. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    I am seriously considering the gransport.. I guess what I do not understand is why there isn't more interest? for 50k can you really beat a gransport?

I am still torn what I will replace the M3 with gransport, DB9, vantage, vanquish, Continental GT, 456

I have no idea.. I think the gransport at 45-55k is the cheapest and not even the worst of these choices.. so that is the easiest decision.. still a tough decision to make though..

I do not even like the looks of the Maserati coupe at all. but somehow the subtle changes of the gransport = a much better looking car

Also the gransport has a lot of exotic appeal, sound.. and you can even track the car and have a good time with it..

hmm.. :) we shall see

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You are right, I think the looks of the GS really does change quite a bit from the coupe for a just a few styling tweaks.
    The 456 is an amazing car too....and may represent the best long term value. They're pretty cheap now and it will always be remembered for a subtle yet gorgeous pininfarina creation, and being a V12 Ferrari always helps!

Tough choices all.

I likely will keep the GS...just such a great car.

5. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    I didn't like the coupe at all,

but then I literally just saw a GS in the showroom floor, the changes make it a whole new car.. really good work they did on it.

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Driving down one of main streets here in Calgary today at 800 AM I followed one of these in that exact color for about 10 blocks........it is one of the most pleasing to the eye cars out there...........just beautiful.

7. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    resale isn't actually that insane considering it's a 110k car new.. it's actually holding up well compared to other cars in it's price range (vantage)

8. Copasetic222

Copasetic222 Karting

Jan 25, 2009
    I think there's some deals out there. For example a Maser dealer sold a loaded '06 GS with less than 8000 miles on it last week. One owner, they sold it new, etc. Internet price was $49,700. Don't know what it actually sold for.

9. Aurum

Aurum Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Two options... Buy a spare house and convert to a garage, or temporarily long term store it in CT. I'll start her up ever other day or so... just to keep her fresh for you! <hehe>

-c