Any James Bond Fans | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any James Bond Fans

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by coolestkidever, Nov 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Tony Hopkins!

DL

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Yeah, but if he wasn't he would be the perfect Bond

3. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Bond fan here.

Is there any newer version of the James Bond dossier program? I bought one from MGM in around 1995. It doesn't run anymore since Win2000. Thanx

4. cab7104

cab7104 Karting

Mar 25, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I also own all on DVD, and still when I see them on TV, usually end up sitting through it at least until I remember that I own them and can watch commercial free. I also think that Lazenby was a good Bond, or well, could have been if he took the role seriously. I like OHMSS as well as a movie, again, it was not taken as serious by the actor and thus has been laughed at. Dalton was not so good, although, some of his movies have well done bad guys in them. Tomorrow Never Dies (with the media mogul bad guy) worst villian ever!!! I have a newspaper and I will take over the world!!!! Just my .02

Craig

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Agreed. That and Goldeneye...mmm Xenia...

6. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #31 Sfumato, Dec 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Like there's a mold that Sean Connery and any of the other Bond actors all fit?

I think Jude Law could pull off a good Connery-style Bond. I've thought that ever since Gattaca, which was way before everybody had heard of Jude Law. However, I'm with you re Ewan McGregor, who lacks panache.

I think Bond films should be set in the 60s. It is impossible to pull off the sort of "hipster cool" atmosphere that is part and parcel of the Bond mystique in any other era. Somebody said this on a show once; it may have been Quentin Tarantino.

8. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    "....he's the ultimate gentleman spy. Women want to be with him, men want to BE him"

James Bond was on his way down the tubes with the last couple of Connery movies.

"Is it a hollowed-out volcano like I requested, No.2?"

Not to say he wasn't a great character and concept. I reread 5 or 6 of the old Ian Fleming books a couple of years ago and they were very good, well written, down and gritty. Hollywood had ****ed up a great story by the end of the Connery movies. There hasn't been a good James Bond movie since the 60's. Austin Powers picked up where they left off, at least the first two AP's.

Some new director needs to pick up Bond and make him what he was was intended to be by Fleming.

9. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Clive Owen is awesome. He might be too old to start, though. We'll see how he looks after dyed hair and a few tiny other changes.

10. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Connery. Period.

Cheers
    Kevin

11. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I used to be a huge Bond fan in the past - watched every movie at least 3 times (except Golfinger which I must have seen at least 10 times).

There used be a clear differentiation between Bond movies and other movies. The Bond movies had the 4 Gs - girls, the guns and gadgets, great humor :)))
    nothing else ever came close. The villains were also special.

But since the last couple of movies the magic has completely worn off for me. A couple of reasons:
    - the differentiation factor is gone - a lot of other movies has most of the same elements
    - tired plots
    - lack of credible villains
    - end of cold war
    - no authentic Fleming plots left

If I miss the next Bond movie, it wont cause me an iota of grief.

However, I still am a huge fan of the books. The Bond there was less jovial and more deadly. The books dont age one bit!

12. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    However, I still am a huge fan of the books. The Bond there was less jovial and more deadly. The books dont age one bit![/QUOTE]

Let's cut the crap, the real important stuff is the Bond DB-4 (or was it a 6?) was ripped off during a Florida car show, has it been recovered, (the chicks are cool though!)

13. gentry

gentry Guest

They are actively looking for a new Bond because Quentin Tarantino wants to direct the next film.

He is a great director, I just hope he doesnt make one of the following movies:

From Dusk til Bond
    Kill Bond Vol. 1 & 2
    Bond Fiction
    Little Bondy
    Jackie Bond
    Four Bonds
    Desperbondo
    Reservoir Bonds

14. gentry

gentry Guest

She was smoking hot and definitely #1 or #2 in my book. And she was UBER-hot on Nip/Tuck. Can't wait for the new season of that and The Shield.

15. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    same here

I think if Quentin Tarentino directs the Bond films we might be in a little bit of trouble. He is a great director, i love all his movies. I just dont think he can do one of these. They are totally different then all of his movies.

16. gentry

gentry Guest

Yes, they require something that his other films lack. Subtlety. They require someone who can direct conscious arrogance while not coming off as tacky. Most of his characters he directs are much more in-your-face. But that is subjective.

17. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I am currently reading all of the Ian Fleming James Bond books...in order.

Amazing how different the books are from some of the movies (the Spy Who Loved Me...for example). I really like the books as they go into mucn more detail about everything especially the lifestye. Also, the books don't have near so many gadgets and are thus more realistic.

BTW Bond drives an old supercharged Bentley convertible as his own car...not an Aston Martin. His wife was killed by Blofeld driving a red Maseratti convertible. No Ferraris mentioned so far (up You Only Live Twice).

Ciao

What are the opinions of Bond books by John Gardner and Raymond Benson.

18. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Good god. Biggest bump evar

19. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #44 SefacHotRodder, Feb 9, 2009
  20. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    #45 Grigio 308, Feb 9, 2009
    Sophie Marceau as Electra King in "The World Is Not Enough"... not officially categorized as a "Bond Girl" but certainly one of the most beautiful!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Seamaster007

Seamaster007 Karting

Jan 13, 2009
    Hell yeah!!!!

22. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    Haha, what an excellent thread! Keep the pics coming!

23. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    This past weekend, Encore had an all-weekend Bond-a-Thon. Nothing newer than Dalton, and watched flicks I haven't seen in years... Goldfinger, Octopssy, Live and Let Die, Golden Gun... what a great way to break in a new 40" LCD. :)

24. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #49 PhilNotHill, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009

Yep. It was great.

Recorded most of them that I haven't seen for a while.

I really enjoyed Licence to Kill and The Man with the Golden Gun much more than when I saw them the first time.

Still to watch:
    Live and Let Die
    For Your Eyes Only
    You only Live Twice
    Thunderball

Life is good. Nice to sit by the fire on non-ski days, have some champaign and watch Bond (I have read all the Fleming Bond books in chronological order up to You Only Live Twice and Bond will drink just about anything [except tea which he hates] and it seems to me that he drinks champaign every chance he can get...and might I add that he easily drinks about 4x what would put me in really bad shape. the movies usually have Bond drinking a "vodka martini shaken not strirred"...not so much in the books. cheers!). ;)

25. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    #50 Oceanic815, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
    If nothing else, catch Live and Let Die lots of humor and good boat chases too. Oh, and the 7-Up guy that said 'never had it, never will ahahahaha' is in it too.