Any local track days? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any local track days?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by bpu699, Jan 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    ...and maybe an oddball Lotus somewhere in there as well :)

2. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Actually, there should be quite a wide variety of cars out for this. At Road America in October, among the lapping cars were a 333SP (!), a 355 and a 360. Plus a Porsche Carrera GT. An F40 showed up for touring. I understand that a lot of Wisconsinites show up for RA events, so we will probably have a different mix this time out, but we have the potential to draw in cars from Indiana and even, I hear, from the St. Louis area, for an event south of Chicago. There should be plenty of interesting things to see.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I remember the Doc's 333SP in my rear view mirror. Not for long though.

4. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What are the limitations on the "touring" group? I saw something on the Autobahn CC website that mentioned a pace car...?

5. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Ahhhh... you can here 'em now..... "look at the powder puff Ferrari's - out there 'touring'" LOL

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Assuming Touring allows for similar conditions like lapping them powder puff Ferraris might actually set the pace. At least our 355 boys.

7. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    The registration form for the April 23-24 Autobahn track event is now available on the CAROC web site,

www.caroc.com

Note: the helmet and roll bar requirements mentioned on the form only apply to lapping, not to touring. Also, the associate member fee does not apply if you are just touring.

Note about touring: at present, it is my understanding that there will NOT be a pace car for touring at this event, although there will be rules about what you can do on the track: this is not wheel-to-wheel racing.

If anyone has any questions, PM me.

Chuck

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I downloaded the form, filled it out and sent it back with a check.

However the form does not give you the option to select touring on a particular day. So I wrote on it, that I'd like Saturday. Hopefully CAROC can put us all together into the same touring session. Chuck?

9. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Yes, that can be arranged. It is possible that I will be handling registration, in which case it will be easy! But even if someone else is, I will make sure any Fchatters who show up go out together. I just need to know who all is in that group, so if you're coming, please post here!

However, even if you show up the day of the event, I will still try to make sure you go out with the rest of the group.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You might want to close this thread and start a new one just for the April event. Gets more attention.

11. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Good idea.

OK everybody, if you are coming out for touring on April 23 and want to be sure to be in the same touring group as the other Fchatters, post a message in the "April Track Event" thread.