Any other Sexagenarian's still actively driving V-8 Ferrari's ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any other Sexagenarian's still actively driving V-8 Ferrari's ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rocketman, Oct 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Turning 64 next Tuesday and never knew what a sexagenarian was (thought it was something naughty until I looked it up!!). Actively drive my 458 Italia as well as my (gated) Gallardo and (7-speed manual) Z06.
    The true fact is that most often you can't afford these when you are really young, so let's enjoy them now.
    Drove my 458 to Watkins Glen from Detroit to the annual meet; not as far as Georgia or Brisbane/Victoria, but still.
    Tried the Portofino; too sedate for me

Claudia65, hardtop and G. Pepper like this.
  2. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    74 and enjoying the '08 599 and '08 Gallardo, and DD '15 Wrangler. Glasses for reading, 20-25 distance.

Cigarzman likes this.
  3. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    71 getting up at 4:30 am 5 days a week for 9 months to work on Magnum P.I. as Chief Lighting Technician,(Gaffer),
    And driving my 2015 FF, and Magnum ‘s 488.
    Thanks to Ferrari and the best gig in the world for keeping me young at heart.

308 milano, neil e dale and G. Pepper like this.
  4. neil e dale

neil e dale Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    #29 neil e dale, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    hello all! I'm 63, former teacher / mechanic I just purchased my first Ferrari an awesome 2008 F430 spyder w/ only 6.500 miles! - you may have seen it on these pages! It's on it's way to AZ - PLUG : thanks to broker Ferrari Mike ( yellow compass) found me the most awesome F430 possibly of all ! I've had 7 Mi's ( heart attacks ) and a couple of strokes ( fully rehabbed now !) can't get life insurance obviously and told the wife this is your policy! sell it if I go! and if it happens when I'm driving? it's insured w/ Haggarty for $150K agreed value! I'll make $ ! ( er , my estate would ! LOL ) I'm a former M/C racer and really miss hyper-fast superbikes! - almost bought the newest $40 K Ducati superbike what? 0-60 in 2.2 seconds! albeit, sanity prevailed and we bought a Ferrari F430 spyder instead ! ! LOL I'll be driving fast, pulling G's as long as I can and the wife is awesome, fully supportive, always has been ! knows my need for speed! we bought her a 2018 range rover Evoque convertible only vert SUV on the planet! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

jm2, Makuono and G. Pepper like this.
  5. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Just turned 60 and find my 488 spider very comfortable even at 6’2”. The full electric seats are helpful . And I still ride my Ducatis regularly although the Panigale is getting a bit much on longer rides.
    Yeah getting in and out of the car may be less pretty than an S63 but that all melts away when you hit the start button
    Life is too short to spend it driving Porsches or AMGs only

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I’m 60 and loving my 488 spider. Old farts rule !

G. Pepper likes this.
  7. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    66 and battling a neuro-muscular disorder now for 2 years. Rare disease (Myositus) has really slowed me down. Fortunately I can still get in and out of my '99 Modena coupe. Driving is no problem although sometimes my left leg protests with in traffic clutch operation. I will continue to enjoy this car as long as I can safely operate it. Doing my own maintenance is definitely a thing of the past.
    Have had 10 Ferraris over the past 35 years.... 3 vintage V12's and the rest V8's. The Modena is the most comfortable and easy to drive (obviously the newest).
    My 34 year old son said "Dad when you cannot drive anymore just let me know and I'll take you for a ride in the 360". Yeah, right.

rocketman likes this.
  8. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    61...driving my 2015 458 Spider as much as possible....my 2018 Porsche GT3 Touring is sitting at the port in Emden ....should be here mid November....

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I'm of a 'qualifying age' for this thread. I've been fortunate, studied, took some risks, and made some good choices. But most of all, busted my rear end. I got my first Ferrari in my 20's, and have had a bunch over the years. They have done DD, track days and road trips. I don't think I'm done. Just got a McLaren and a new helmet!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

G. Pepper and tomc like this.