Any owners in the Wichita, KS area? | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Any owners in the Wichita, KS area?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by NSXER, Jan 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjhunt1975

bjhunt1975 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Nope mine. Crazily enough, I no more than got the car here and my money is required for a business startup that I thought was not going to happen, but now is. I doubt she'll bring that money, but I'll need all I can get for this startup. Been a Ferrari owner for all of 2 weeks now...sigh...

2. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well, I guess, we'll just wish you many returns on your investment so you could get back on the horse! Good luck on the sale.

3. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Appreciate it Scott...Hindsight is 20/20 eh? I am having fun driving it, just wish I'd have known this turn of events before I flew to Florida and went to all the trouble. Although I'm not sad...I think this will turn out to be a lucrative idea. I have another meeting with the owner of this other company to see if we can get a synergistic relationship formed. I didn't think they were interested until they called out of the blue last week. All good news and it'll make for more and better Ferraris in about 5 years time.

4. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Good to hear Brian. Well, in the meantime, if you ever need anyone to clear the carbon out of your exhaust, please feel free to call me and I'll be more than happy to oblige to stretch her legs out a bit! Good luck on the venture.. Scott

5. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Would be nice to get some sort of get together in the next few weeks before I dump her off to someone.

6. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    No clue what the weather is saturday, but I'm taking her out. A buddy of mine and I are leaving his house at 6.30a for an hour to hour and a half drive from Kechi. 2 things... 1-road suggestions please? Looking for some twisty curvies intwined with long legs to run her up a bit. 2-anyone want to come? I realize it's early, but I have so much stuff to do Saturday it wasn't even funny, so this is the only time I can get out of the house.
    BJ 737.6359

7. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Love to go but a little early for me. Take some pictures please!

Brian

8. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Also, a good friend was in Wichita today and spoke with a guy getting into his new silver Carrera GT. He is moving to Wichita from Sweden (just sold the family business). He told him about our get togethers on Saturday morning and would like to come. He will be in and out of town for the next couple of weeks though. He also has a new Viper ACR on order!

Brian

9. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Dido here too! Brian, my german V10 has her oil change and brakes flushed, I think she's ready for a serious run! Any news on the Murcies?

10. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    BJ - sorry to hear that you have to sell the 308. New business ventures do tend to take the cash pretty fast.

Brian

11. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Yes, the good old BMW M5 V10. You have to give me a ride soon. Hopefully this Saturday is going to be nice.
    Bonedoc - how is the yellow Murcie doing. Have you had time to enjoy it yet?

Brian

12. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I have driven it a lot! It is a great car. I want to black it out.

Doug, let me know when you TakeForeverToDougify that Murci so we can get some pics!

We all need to get together...but I will be out of town this weekend.

13. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Did you need someone to baby sit the murcie? I know a great bunch of guys that will take care of it for you!

14. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    any thoughts on a 45min - 1 hr drive from north wichita? Not enough time to make it to cowley 20.

15. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Thanks Brian. no doubt you understand the burnrate on a startup. We still need a few million, that'll be the next hurdle(sigh)....I have a 2nd meeting today with this partnering company...we'll see.

16. Axtellboy

Axtellboy Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2006
    Wichita, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Allen
    For as much driving around as I've done in this area the last 16 years, I should have some good ideas, but I'm not sure I do. Highway 15 north of Newton (exit off I-135 a mile north of Newton) has some long sweeping curves, but it's not very "twisty," and it would take much of your time-allowance to get there and back. 21st Street heading over into Butler County also has some curves and elevation changes.

17. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Thanks Allen... We may hit 21st and go towards El Dorado area...the 308 runs real nice at a buck and a quarter, we will probably only do that in spurts though.

Thanks again for the input...you are most welcome to come along, albeit most said it was still coffee and paper time. I have an employee getting married, wouldn't be nice of me to miss that, hence the early times.

BJ

18. Axtellboy

Axtellboy Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2006
    Wichita, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Allen
  19. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Very nice Allen.

Anyone doing the Riverfest car show this year? Isn't that what Ian, Allen and Brian went to last year?

BJ

20. Axtellboy

Axtellboy Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2006
    Wichita, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Thanks.

I hadn't read anything about the Riverfest car show. The one we went to last year was the Automobilia Moonlight Madness show at Old Town, which is in early July each year. I certainly think we need to at least target that one again this year.

21. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    That's the one I was thinking of. If the 308 is still in the garage I'll be sure to come.

22. dougnshari

dougnshari Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Derby, KS. 67037
    Full Name:
    Doug Kennedy
    Guys, FYI, the accident in Park City on North Broadway Saturday with the semi truck was my wife's (Shari) brother. He had a massive heart attack while driving his truck. He had just picked the truck up three blocks to the North from being serviced. THANK GOD no one else was hit or injured. It has been on the news (all 3 stations) alot and was in Sunday's paper in the local/state section. We recieved the autopsy reports late Sunday evening and his death was from a massive heart attack. I just got done getting all of his personel items out of the truck this morning and the truck wasn't damanged all that bad. Please keep my wife's family in your prayer's. Thanks. Doug Kennedy 316-788-5967.

23. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Very sorry to hear that Doug. I hope you and Shari are doing well through all of this.

-BJ

24. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Doug,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Brian

25. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Doug & Shari,

I'm very sorry for your loss

Tim