News

Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

?

Should we end it?

1. Lung will Break

2. MP will Break

3. The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Stryker1808

Stryker1808 Rookie

Jul 10, 2015
    Nice!

3604u likes this.
  2. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Thank you

3. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason W
    Hi guys, I am entertaining the idea of getting a 430 sometime in 2020 and doing early stage research. My original plan was to import a replica Shelby Cobra but I'm told kit cars, even professionally built, are difficult to import and a $100k USD Superformance replica will be ~$400k SGD by the time I pay import duties and COE.

With that in mind I've shifted slightly to a $200-300k budget. Just looking on Automart there are quite a few sports car dealers - are there any to avoid? Is the 430 a good car for driving 3-5x per week in this climate? Any over heating issues? Will any aftermarket products improve reliability? I am thinking Tubi exhaust and other non OEM add-ons. Or I may just leave it stock.

4. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hello Jason. Guess you're not in Singapore motoring scene much because
    #1 Kit cars are not allowed to be registered so you can only keep it at home or for exhibition purposes
    #2 The authorities are very strict with mods with mobile squad roaming the streets and even visiting your home to check especially on your exhaust or tint and they will send u to inspection centers. Penalty is $500 for first time offence, $1000 2nd time & probably court order later.
    #3 Plenty of 430s are daily drivers so no issue in our weather but be careful of parking in places where they flood, not joking cos several supercars were drowned over the years

5. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason W
    Hi mate, no sir I am definitely not in the local car scene. I'm currently leasing an Altis and a Kia for my wife and I as dailies. Yes I think I have come to terms with axing the kitcar idea. I'm currently building up a local restaurant chain here but sometime in the next 24 months I hope to purchase a 430 like I said. I'll trade a drive for some beer and pizza if anyone is interested! :)