Any solution for injector replacement ? | FerrariChat

Any solution for injector replacement ?

Discussion in '348/355' started by thibaut, May 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thibaut

thibaut Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Thibaut A.
    Hi !

My 355 challenge is going for the engine out service. With injectors being original, I was wondering if there is an upgrade part for the 0280155003 BOSCH part ?
    I can't find vendors in Europe with an acceptable price for the exact reference. I have read some reference to an upgraded part but can't find the correct reference for that one.
    Can anyone help ?

Thanks you

2. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    OEM are by far the best injectors
    We have a company here that rebuilds and tests them to much higher specs if you want more flow
    I have tested a lot with the ecu, injectors and rail pressures. The OEM are more then adequate for the 355 challenge

The company is below, the owner is a dear friend of mine for a very long time. His equipment is all custom made and surpasses any industry standard.

https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/

taz355 and phrogs like this.
  3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    What is the backstory to RC fuel injection in someone's business on Torrance blvd. vs. RC engineering on Higgin in Torrance? Did it get sold to someone new? Did RC fall on hard times and need a smaller workspace?

4. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

history is here, not sure on location changes as it was before I was out here I go ti Higgins when I go think the other place is just an install facility
    https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/History

After Russ passed Jon took over and took a few years to get stuff back up to par. He really understands technology and what how to make things happen. What oem stuff that fails most they remake with better components. He is mopar hot rod dude

5. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    For my 348, I got an OEM style, but higher flowing 4-hole versions from OSTiger. Look them up on eBay. They are very affordable. It helps if you know the specs before you call them - flow rate and resistance. You can get that from some basic research on line at Bosch. I suggest you have them get you ones with a slightly greater flow rate.