Any thoughts on this BBi on BaT???? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any thoughts on this BBi on BaT????

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 1997spider, Jan 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Well said.

2. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    There's a very nice Carb. BB for sale in Naples, FL. I believe it's the Carobu car that had the engine massaged but the car is stock in all appearance and runs extremely well and very strong. It's owned by a long time Ferrari guy and a real gentleman.
    I have no skin in this game but if anyone is interested please contact me and I'll give you the owners info, if it's not already on here.

3. Ludwig

Ludwig Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2006
    Redmond WA
    Full Name:
    Ludwig Allegra
    Totally agree. It is amazing to see the degree of work needed to restore an even well serviced and cared for Boxer. It's a restoration gift that keeps on giving.
    I am at the stage of reassembling all the subsystems after a meticulous restoration of each. One quickly understand the concept of "well I've gone this far...."
    Parts are expensive and potentially unobtainable so a lot of rebuilding and restoration is needed. I spent a day disassembling and re-plating the rear deck closed indicator switch as an example. When finished there will be about 1000+ hrs into it. 125K is a really fair estimate for someone commissioning this to be done.
    The most basic "refresh" would be in the 30k range if you limit it to belts, heads, exhaust, differential, injection, distributor, water pump, suspension, CV joints, brakes, etc. I doubt there is a Boxer that wouldn't need at least this.
    Bottom line 250k would be a strong price for a well cared for but unrestored example.

Newman and pshoejberg like this.
  4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I think more than 40k to do this all

Newman likes this.