Any travel agents on here? | FerrariChat

Any travel agents on here?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by 308geo, Jun 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    #1 308geo, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Never mind...found one.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Damn, I didn't know travel agents still existed.

3. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    #3 zudnic, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Yes, some people still like doing things the old fashion way. Business travel when an assistant doesn't want to mess up the bosses travel if its multiple cities. Or even someone doing a Europe tour a good agent comes in handy.

Here in Canada. Most airlines to survive do charter flights, package deals everything included. Air, rental car and hotels. Most have a travel agency to book through. Like this airline: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Transat

I went to school with the kids of one of the largest retail (retail stores) travel agencies in Canada. The airline bought the agency from the family several years ago. The family is Marlin Travel. Its not a great airline. But for a in expensive trip on a tour of Europe, etc. Its a great resource even for Americans. Or bigger and better a little more expensive Air Canada:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Canada

They have an alliance with other airlines. So want to tour any continent by air. Its very easy via the network. Plus they have an alliance with rental cars and hotels worldwide. So a big vacation or business trips. Booking via these airlines makes it easy.

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Interesting. I live in Houston, which is a two-airline town. United at the big airport, and SW at Hobby. Last time I used a travel agent was AMEX, and I can't recall how long ago that was.

5. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    It gives more options with other airlines out of Vancouver or even Toronto. Added bonus they have package deals with car rentals and hotels. So its possible to visit multiple places in Europe or even the middle east all booked via one airline including hotels, etc.

Star Alliance with Air Canada, little more expensive but they have good global options.

Member airlines - Star Alliance

If you live near the border its usually a little savings depending on the exchange rate to book via Air Canada and start the trip out of any major airport in Canada.

6. rclark

rclark Rookie

Nov 8, 2012
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Ryan Clark
    They can still be useful for getting certain deals, that's about it.