Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by VHlambo580, Nov 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chrisf355spider

Jun 24, 2014
    buckinghamshire , uk
    Full Name:
    chris coates
    Image Unavailable, Please Login im told this is the new TDF .collected yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Chizz and daytona355 like this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH

Oh, isn't that nice!!! Congrats and thank you for sharing that image here. What a rich vibrant color!!!!!

3. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    I never heard of the Rosso Maranello. You said it was a triple layer paint. Wondering if I will have the same issues with it. I looked it up and do love the color. Nice cherry red. Definitely an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  4. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Great spec, and that Blue looks stunning.

Just out of interest, has your Portofino been delayed?

If so what was your original delivery date?

daytona355 likes this.
  5. chrisf355spider

Jun 24, 2014
    buckinghamshire , uk
    Full Name:
    chris coates
    No delay... in fact it came two months earlier than I expected. Uk car obviously. Via HR Owen

of2worlds likes this.
  6. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK

7. chrisf355spider

Jun 24, 2014
    buckinghamshire , uk
    Full Name:
    chris coates
    Is that to do with the PR paint issues? Only driven it a short distance over the weekend but first impressions are good !!!

of2worlds likes this.
  8. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    My car is Rosso Corsa so should not be affected by the PR paint issues. I believe my delay is due to the unavailability of the optional Dimond-Cut wheels, but I understand this has now been resolved.

I've only driven the Portofino on a short test drive so was unable to really get a good impression of the full driving experience. Glad to read that your first impressions are positive.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. chrisf355spider

Jun 24, 2014
    buckinghamshire , uk
    Full Name:
    chris coates
    What do you currently drive ? It’s a GT is the best way to describe it from my limited experience

of2worlds likes this.
  10. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    I've had 2 x Cali's in the past and was driving a Mercedes AMG GTS, before I sold it in preparation for the Portofino.

11. chrisf355spider

Jun 24, 2014
    buckinghamshire , uk
    Full Name:
    chris coates
    I'm guessing it will be closer to the AMG than the Cali in driving terms. Without wishing to upset any Cali owners it looks miles better .. you can see the family DNA with the F12 etc now

Lucky Louis, daytona355 and of2worlds like this.
  12. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Before the Portofino was announced I test drove an F12 and a Cali T. I decided neither car was for me but said if the Cali replacement looked like an F12 I would have one. A few weeks later the Portofino was announced and it delivered on the looks. Deposit was immediately paid. Now I just have to wait.

13. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    All: Quick update. Based on info back from Ferrari HQ my dealer and I both agreed to re-spec the car with a different color. My car is now moving into production with a January delivery. Ferrari is having a heck of a time with QA on the RP color. My advice, if you ordered RP but want your car in 2019, get your dealer to change the color. I went with Rosso Mugello, a deeper red, but I saw it in person and loved it.

of2worlds and JJ97 like this.
  14. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    Did your dealer tell you specifically what Ferrari HQ said? Are the still planning on producing some RP cars in 2019? I ordered mine in Nov. 2017. I considered a change to Rosso Fuoco, but my dealer felt it would have a similar delay as it is also a triple layer paint.

15. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    I went to the dealer today and he said that during his most recent visit (in the last week I understood) RP cars were going down the production line. Anyone else been in the last week or their dealer been?

tommygun64 likes this.
  16. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    Hi Bob
    That would be awesome-
    Can your dealer confirm this?
    For all of us that have been waiting on this color and contemplating on changing colors- it would be seeing light at the end of the tunnel

17. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    The way it sounded, they are really struggling with quality issues. He told me to switch colors or I will not get my car anytime soon. The color is amazing so if you are really fond of it and don’t mind the wait stick with it.

18. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    If it’s broke, why fix it?

Strange motto. Espresso anyone?

19. NGom

NGom Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    UK and France
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Gomersall
    Our car arrived early (August) but with the wrong wheels - correct ones turned up a few weeks later before we collected car in September.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I have to say, I like the drive of the Cali, but depending on colour, could see both sides of the story on looks. The photos in this thread are brilliant, and I actually LOVE the updated styling..... I think it’s brought the car back into the Ferrari family proper. Great cars everyone, forza Ferrari!

21. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    Does anyone else have further information regarding RP color from their dealer or factory?

22. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    We ideally need to find someone else who has visited the factory in the last week or so. When I went in September there were no Portofinos in PR.

If someone has been they will have probably noticed.

23. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    Bob
    Can
    I would love to go to the factory.
    How did you get a tour of the factory?
    I am planning on being in Italy in early January- I have been asking my dealer now for 4 months to set it up and they tell me the factory can not give an answer. There is no answer why or when it’s possible. It’s like the paint issues-
    I would really like to go - I am planning on going to maranello regardless-

24. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    You need to do it through the dealer and other people here would know better than I, as I have not taken up the offer yet. I was invited via a different route, but you can also get onto yearly trips with the Scuderia Ferrari Club that has branches in most countries. For a short notice trip you may struggle unless you are about the specify a car in which case you may have more leverage. Good Luck!

25. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    I was told yesterday by my dealer that the delays, due to a new paint vendor, are affecting all special (i.e. metallic) colors, but RP the most. I am waiting to find out how long I can wait before either needing to switch colors or resign myself to an indefinite delay. My car was supposed to arrive March/April; I don’t know when they would start building it but I would think there’s at least a month before they would start. Since this is their problem I’m hoping that they will let me switch when they start building if things aren’t fixed by then. Waiting to hear. If I could get Rosso Fiorano or Rosso California in a reasonable time frame (say, April/May), I'd do that; but if all the metallics would be delayed into the summer, I may switch to Rosso Mugello, which I had considered before.