Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by VHlambo580, Nov 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Check out my pics in the 'Portofino launch and picture thread' - Rosso Portofino colour looks great! Apparently they are starting to produce/deliver more as of start of this year... I have decided to wait.

tommygun64 likes this.
  2. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    They do look beautiful. I think I’m going to stick to Rosso Fiorano, though—it’s one of the colors I liked the most, as I like the idea of a bit darker color. Also, since my order was only placed last August, not sure how far back in the RP queue I would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    Anyone see any Rosso Portofino delivered in the US yet?

4. Bond488

Bond488 Rookie

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    BB488
    Just heard that my RP build won’t be until July. Anyone else hear different?

tommygun64 likes this.
  5. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    Mine was ordered Nov. 2017. Ferrari E-mailed me directly that the problem with RP has been fixed and my dealer thinks probably March, but no definite date. US delivery.

tommygun64 likes this.
  6. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    My dealer in Belgium does not have any info on when the RP issue will be fixed.
    When was yours originally ordered?

7. Bond488

Bond488 Rookie

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    BB488
    Mine was ordered Oct 1 2018.

tommygun64 likes this.
  8. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Interesting hue; seems close to the Scuderia's almost orange 'red' when Marlboro was the principal sponsor.

9. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    sorry, are you referring to 1st deposit or to final spec and 2nd deposit? and are you in the US or Europe? thanks.

10. Bond488

Bond488 Rookie

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    BB488
    Final spec and 2nd deposit. US.

tommygun64 likes this.
  11. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    ok, thanks. It seems a very long wait is ahead of us...

12. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My Dealer just told me today that instead of March delivery Car will not arrive before October due to RP... as here is Ferrari Season from April to end of September I'm checking different options, moving to a less special color (Rosso Corsa, Nero Daytona), another special Color like Rosso Monza (will not change much in terms of delivery) to wait until Car gets delivered or moving to 488 Spider... :(

tommygun64 likes this.
  13. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    Thanks for the info.
    Can you share when was your 1st deposit and when was your spec/2nd deposit done?

14. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Sorry to hear that. The factory has been telling people that the RP issue is now resolved, so I’m surprised yours is taking that long. When did you pay a deposit?

Anyone else have an update from their dealer?

15. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Final Configuration submitted August 2018, initially they said Feb/March delivery so I already sold my Cali 30

tommygun64 likes this.
  16. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Has anyone got confirmation of production start or a delivery date for their car in Rosso Portofino? They mentioned spring delivery, so I'd expect some confirms soon from the dealers...? Thanks

17. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    Still have not seen 1 customer car delivered to the states. My guess is we will not starting getting the cars until like October. So we will all be paying for a 2019 car and receiving them in 2020 basically. Probably the last time I buy a new Ferrari.

18. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Steve, if the cars are model year 2020 which for Ferrari starts in July, we will be paying 2020 prices not 2019. Mine is a standard metallic color and was ordered 4 months ago and has not moved into lock down change for options. I was told Ferrari is trying to fill orders for Asia before an environmental change will occur which will require modifications to the Portofino. Looks like the US customers will be slow to get their cars.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    I put my deposit down in October 2017 and order in January 2018. Car was suppose to be delivered September 2018 and now they are saying we wont get Rosso color cars until October 2019. I wanted the car when it was a newer model car. It will no longer be a newer model car when I get my order even if it is a 2020 not a 2019. If the car is not delivered until October 2019 I will have had my deposit down on the car for almost 2 years. That is unacceptable. I would understand if this was a Pista or La Ferrari but this is Ferrari everyday car.

20. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I was surprised to see a Portofino on display on Saturday at our Cars on 5th show in Naples. I was judging the various classes and explaining to a friend the subtle differences in the various California models while walking the Avenue. When I got to the Portofino I stopped and said I don't know why this model is so different....lol! Beautiful car by the way.

21. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Fully agreed, it’s been a disappointing purchase experience; something that is supposed to be exciting and special has become frustrating. Not just the massive delay but also the lack of reliable info from the factory / dealer. Ferrari seems to think it can rest on its laurels but there are plenty of choices at these price points... I will be asking for a discount.

Steve Bear likes this.
  22. luckyguy

luckyguy Karting

Nov 18, 2016
    venice italy
    new from italy.
    rosso portofino will be ready for the end of the year ( probably... )
    my order may 2018, no info about the car except this on the last week that say "probably december delivery, but can not be sure about this, so need to keep in touch month by month"

i still will wait, as Portofino in Rportofino was a good choice, but im starting to doubt as the final idea was alredy to wrap it with a red matte color.

another matter of delay, seems the adas accessories.

bye

23. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    FWIW, I switched my August 2018 order from RP to Rosso Fiorano, and it just switched status to 10R. Of course, that doesn’t say when they’ll actually start building it. However, in the last month or so my dealer has taken delivery of a Pista and a Suoerfast in Rosso Fiorano, so at least I know they’re painting that color now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I’ve heard others mention they are now at least producing cars in Rosso Portofino... anyone got a delivery date or had it confirmed by the dealer/factory?

25. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    I have not heard any new info. In addition, I have yet to see 1 Ross Portofino customer car any place in the world. The only cars painted in this color on the road are media cars. I have given up on guessing when they will arrive. At this point I will get my car when the replacement for the Portofino comes out lol