Any Vancouver shows upcoming? | FerrariChat

Any Vancouver shows upcoming?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by leviathan, Jun 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leviathan

leviathan Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    I see the Show and Shine is happening in the east there, but has anyone heard of any exotic car shows/shows featuring Ferraris in Vancouver any time soon?

Info much appreciated. :)

2. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    This coming Saturday (June 5th), is the "Hats Off Day" show-n-shine on Hastings Street in Burnaby. I'll be showing my GT4 in it. I don't know if the other Ferrari guys will be there (they were last year), but a few from the Alfa/Italian club should be there as well.

Then of course, is the Father's Day show on the 20th, the most important event in Vancouver.

3. Reds

Reds Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2004
    Richmond, B.C.
    Buddies:

Do you know the time and address of "Hats Off Day" show? I would like to come and look around.

4. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    There's a short parade of the cars starting I think around 10:30/11:00am and then the cars park along Hastings street, between Willingdon & Gamma Ave. Cars leave and the show basically ends at 2:30pm.

5. leviathan

leviathan Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    Damn...I'll be working first-aid at the dragonboat races along False Creek at that time...Know anything about the Father's day event?

6. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    It'll be at the park beside Lonsdale Quay in N. Van on June 20th. Event runs from about 10:30am to about 4:00pm. The largest gathering of Italian cars in B.C. You have to be there!

(Keep in mind, the park is split in two by the railroad track and the North side of the park is always the Oldsmobile show, the Italian show is the South side)

7. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I should be there

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hey Peter, I just got Roy Kan's email on the upcoming show in North Van, what's up with the "French" car reference? Are there really going to be Renault's and Peugot's there? Ugh. Unless we see some turbo rally cars or something..... :) An R5 would be way cool.

Dave

9. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Yep, there are going to be, ahem, French cars at the show... They whined too much so we caved and let them in. :)

All jokes aside, there's some nice Gordini Renaults in town and will kind of make it a well-rounded European show. Don't worry, the Italians will still out-number them at least 15 to 1.

I remembered seeing once a Group B R5 Turbo driving around in Quebec years ago. Really cool sheep-in-wolf's-clothing car.

As for today's show, I bailed at the last minute as it was absolutely pouring out in my end. I've now become really paranoid since my recent paint job...