Any West Sound Fcar owners? | FerrariChat

Any West Sound Fcar owners?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Jdubbya, Dec 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I recently joined the ranks with the purchase of a '78 308 GTS. Have been getting to know the car with some short local jaunts. Not the best time of year (weather wise that is) to buy a new toy I guess.

I've also learned a lot by reading posts here and other sites. The FCoA site has lot's of helpful info.

I've been wondering if there were any other owners in the West Sound (Bremerton/Silverdale) area.

Keep the good tips and info coming!!

Thanks,
    John

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    There should be some members out in your area. I remember a guy that posted in Fchat a while a go who lives in Bremerton. Can't remember his name though.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    John,
    Have you joined the FCA yet? We do have a few members over there, George with the red/tan 355B comes to mind (though he is getting a 360 this spring, I believe) and Byron Fabor MD, who has a red/tan 328 GTS who lives in Silverdale. We usually have a drive or two out that way each year....usually one of our "spontaneous" ones announce via email to the local membership. I have seen a one and possible two other red 308's out in the Silverdale area, but they are always going the opposite way on the freeway, so I miss them....

If you are a member, you can scan through the club membership Rolodex on-line at www.ferrariclub.com and see who lives in your area....

4. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I haven't joined yet, but it is one of the things on my "to do list", just haven't taken the time to do it yet.

Thanks for the info, and will look forward to joining and meeting some of you in the future.

I've also been trying to scout some local roads that might be fun to run on. Wanted to get out this week, but snow's changed those plans!!

5. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    By all means, please contact me. We LOVE to have any excuse to get the F cars on the West side together!
    Byron in Silverdale

6. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    There's a guy on Bainbridge with a Blue F355 Spider, not sure if he's an FCA member or not.

7. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

Byron,
    I'm looking forward to getting out and meeting some people and doing some driving. The car's at Alfa of Tacoma now for a check up, but I'll let you now when I get it back home.

John

8. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

9. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I stopped in this morning and checked in with Carlo at Alfa of Tacoma. The poor guy has been battling a the flu or something for a couple weeks. Did not sound or look well. He needs to get some rest before he kills himself continuing to work on all those cars.

10. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I know, I showed up Tuesday not knowing he was sick again and met Lino instead, and he had to do some serious juggling to get my car in the garage!! I've been meaning to call the rest of the week, but haven't made time to do it. I'll have to call tomorrow and see how he's doing.

BTW mine was the red/boxer trim 308 with the nice chunck of driver door missing (long story, but the body shop's the next stop after Carlo finishes).

11. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hi again John,
    You can find me in the phone book or send me an email here through this format by clicking on profile, then send a message to me. I'll be away in Kauai for a bit, but will check my email.
    Byron

12. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Jdubbya,
    He WAS working on your car when I stopped by. :) He also had George's 355B apart for a major service as well.

13. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Dave,
    Called today and he was home sick again. Hopefully he'll take the time to recover fully this time, and not try to come back before then. I know it's hard to try to work while you aren't feeling well.

Byron,
    Sent you an e-mail today.

John

14. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Where are you going to get your car repaired? Jeff..."down the street so to speak," from Alfa of Tacoma,... at "Pacific Motor Company" does highly recommended repair work on Ferrari's. His shop did a terrific repair job on by Grigio 308. When I was shopping around for a repair shop to do the work, most hands pointed me there...Carlo and Lino also recommended Jeff's shop to me.

15. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Carlo and Lino asked if I wanted them to get an estimate. At the time I had a used door on the way but it showed up and would have needed more work than mine. It went back and I asked Carlo to get an estimate for me when he's done.

I may also go with a local Bremerton shop that has a great reputation.

We'll see.....

16. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

It was Pac Motor Company and the estimate was very reasonable. May go there. Carlo is done, I get to pick it up tomorrow!!

17. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Went with Pacific Motor Company for my body work. Jeff and his people were great to work with. I love perfectionists when they're working on my stuff!! Picked it up yesterday, and everything came out beautiful. Now all I have left to do is the whole interior and pedals and shift knob and wheels and.......etc. etc. etc. It'll be a nice car by the time I'm done!!

18. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Glad you're happy with the work. I was very satisfied with the work they did for me as well. Jeff was very accomodating to my requests...particulary in handling the car. I told him basically that "I know you work on new cars that may cost many times more than this old car, but..." Jeff honestly knew that this car was special not for it's market value, but to me. He handled it as if it were a rare million $ collectable.

19. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Got the pedals, shift knob, and gate lock from Hill Engineering. Installed them all this week. The gate lock didn't quite fit so I cantacted Paul Hill, and found out Ferrari made at least five different part numbers for the 5 speed gates. They thought they had them all when designing the lock. Guess not, one more. Paul sent me a new gate free of charge in exchange for my sending them my old one for their use! What a great company to do business with!! He must have answered at least 7 or 8 e-mails helping me to get it all taken care of. Can't say enough good things about Paul, his company and their great products.

Hey just noticed I'm not a rookie any more. Did that happen at 50 posts??