Anybody a Little Nervous About the "Orange" Status | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anybody a Little Nervous About the "Orange" Status

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ghost, Aug 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Yes, something will probably happen, but the likelihood that something will happen to any of US is very very small. Possible? Yes. Likely? No. It is far more likely we will get hurt in our cars than by terrorism. So, put in perspective.

2. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil

Like a fleet of 360s and 355s ripping down Second Avenue at 9am on Saturday? Don't see that every day. Sadly...

3. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i bet we must of woken everybody on that block if they were sleeping. the formula one exhaust sounds coming from all the cars was just unbelievable!!!!

4. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    i couldnt stop smiling... jsut seeing all of us driving down 2nd and hearing
    the exhasusts echo... it was sick.

5. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    So when is the time square shoot?

6. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Can't say "shoot" during code orange

7. RANTANESIAN

RANTANESIAN Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rene Antanesian
    yo don't worry about a thing all this is just a pre election trick this is a being done.

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Interesting. And what is the source of your confindence that this is an election scam? Howard "I'm not crazy" Dean perhaps?

Just curious because I heard through some back channels that this guy that they caught is the real deal. Maybe he is feeding us a line of bull. This has happened before. But even if he is lying, don't you think the authorities would have to act on it? Didn't we just have a congressional report that took everybody to the woodshed for ignoring the events up to 9/11?

Yo to you too, DrTax

9. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    What up my fellow f chat homeeeiiisss don't be afraid or alarmed just be extra alert on what goes around you at your residence or work for the most part if we go we will go in a nice sport car. WELL I HAVE TO GO AND LOCK MY SELF IN MY BED ROOM CAN'T COME OUT ANY MORE I'AM SCARED . JUST LIVE AND KEEP LIVING LET THE POPO DO THEIR JOB.

10. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Please allow me to explain my meaning. Of course I take it seriously, and know you need to be safe. But the minute you start deciding not to go out or do something b/c you're afraid, they have won. I'm not going to allow that, we live in America where we're not supposed to be scared of bombings as we walk along the streets. No I didn't lose anyone in Sept. 11, my father does work in NY though, so it's relatively close. They are called terrorists for a reason, they want to put terror and fear in our lives and once we let them do that and start worrying about going out, we've let them win, and I personally will not allow them to control my lives b/c they hate the fact I am free. People may disagree and that's alright, even if I did lose someone I still wouldn't be afraid of moving about my normal days.

I agree w/ Lupe 100%, don't be afraid just extra cautious. There's a big difference.

11. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
  12. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    dont be a puuussy. do whatever u would do on a normal day!

13. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    u mean laying pipes!

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    We need to get this going soon.

15. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    ..... after i get back my f!!kn car.

16. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    FYI:

NY times reports today that the information disbursed yesterday which resulted in an elevated 'orange' status for the financial district, was 3-4 years old!!!

all the info about the NYSE, citicorp buildings, IMF buidling, etc...

17. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Typical political BS games here. While we should all remain alert and vigilent, do remember the politics behind the scenes...be safe.

18. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    By Kamran Khan

Washingpost.com

Updated: 9:32 a.m. ET Aug. 3, 2004

KARACHI, Pakistan, Aug. 2 - The arrest of a senior al Qaeda operative in June and his subsequent interrogation enabled U.S. and Pakistani intelligence agents to gather documents, e-mail addresses and cell phone text messages that suggested al Qaeda planned to strike targets in New York and Washington, according to Pakistani intelligence officials.

What amazes me is that it doesn't appear that anyone is giving any credit to the idea that perhaps there might be some gamemenship going on. We just captured 2 of the top bad guys. Is is possible that maybe, just maybe, we're playing with their heads? Do you wonder what the remaining wackos might be thinking? Did the two guys turn? Have they dropped a dime on their buddies?

Do you remember when one of these psychopaths said that 9/11 was theater?

Please don't misunderstand me here. I applaud those of you who plan to carry on with life as usual. You are absolutely right. If we live in terror, these murders have won.

However, I do resent it when people say that this is all an election ploy by Bush. Geeze Louise, on one hand, the Democrats say that Bush is dumber than a bucket of rocks. Then, on the other hand, you start accusing him of rigging the election!

Any at rate, please take care and rock on. I know that I am.

Dale

19. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Just be prepared. This is not to say that one should anticipate major cataclysm, just know where your pals and other safe havens can be -- have some supplies ready to go -- and live your life.

20. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i suggest having lots of supplies in your f car trunk....

if anything happens....hurry up and get in your car and drive the F@ck out of the City!!

21. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Let's set a meeting point of Lupe's house -- in the event we need to get out of dodge...

22. RANTANESIAN

Jun 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rene Antanesian
    yes agreed upon

23. RANTANESIAN

Jun 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rene Antanesian
    or we could do brads

24. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    There's no easy way to flee Long Island without access to a boat and a car on the other side of the water... Head West, I say!

25. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    pchop has the EC yacht on standby.