Anybody a Little Nervous About the "Orange" Status | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Anybody a Little Nervous About the "Orange" Status

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ghost, Aug 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Just got a bit nervous. It is 1am and in my town you see around three cops now. So far there are two at each school and we have about 10 schools. Scary, but what can you do.

2. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    and keith, how many are on your school bus in the morning?

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Certainly an eye-opener on one hand or the other, isn't it? But... couple that with intercepted information about Al Qaeda re: updated surveillance as recently as January, '04... and the "aged" pre-planning is still not only still applicable, but a viable threat. On home turf, best offense is a good defense. Thing to bear in mind is, despite best efforts, there doesn't seem to be a "when" to attach to the "where." "How" cells get contacted to do "what and when" is likely the hardest thing to pin down. Also bear in mind this is the first time they've been able to issue alerts regarding specific targets - all of which are in the heart of the capitalist center.

Here on the lower 1/4 of the left coast - vigilance has been maintained since day Zero. Good. Security has never been better. What were once untrained and unaware half-cocked barely-theres who've either shaped up and shipped out and/or been displaced by relatively speaking, sharper guys and gals that take their jobs seriously. Good.

I don't want 9/11 or Oklahoma City bombing to take place again. Oklahoma hit way too close to home, since my Brother, who for some God-forsaken reason moved there & by default, lost I.Q. in the process years ago. 9/11 hit way too close to the Pentagon, since I used to live in Arlington, VA - just a very, very short distance away. 9/11 in NY, NY hit way too close to home since I had friends and people I used to do business with in the vicinity - aside from the fact it was incomprehensibly inhumane what I witnessed not just on TV, but in fact, what set the pattern for me stay awake until ridiculous hours every day and night since then.

You see, I'd stayed up late that night, catching up with a friend in New Zealand & had just shut the computer and TV (which I keep on, just for breaking stories of actual life-changing events - which will no doubt grab my attention in the off chance I turn around) off a few minutes before that first plane hit. Never in my wildest dreams did I perceive that reality would hit so close to home than it did from 3,000 miles away when I was awakened by my sent-home-from-work gal. So I didn't sleep for days and days and days. Well, I'm sure you boys had every right to out-unsleep me & still do.

So much for the bad news. Chew on that and realize that no matter how loud a shade that orange may be - you can rest easy, knowing that not only does the typical American think more the world of you folks, but the city that never sleeps has it's eyes wide open. Let the private enterprise, the city, the state and the fed worry-warts do the worrying. You have yourselves a good day.

4. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    do the cops inspect all lunch boxes before students can carry them into school?

5. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Only the "VOLTRON lunch boxes...

6. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    ... nah, keith had the strawberery shortcake lunchbox, he still has it up in his
    living room.

7. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    What about Barbie and the Rockers? (There's a "Barbie Convention" at this hotel I'm staying at...)

8. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    so that's where the perfume & silver shimmer under the nails came from!

Your after Barbie (and not the Barbie twins) since she dumped Ken, huh? Hmmmm. ;)

9. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    It's complicated...

10. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Don't make fun of the lunchbox.

11. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    sounds good.

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Yo, enough with the "sounds good" posts, son. You're starting to act Keith-like. :D

13. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Sounds Bad!

14. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    im subtly posting like keith if u didnt notice! :)

15. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    It was only a matter of time.

16. udalmia

udalmia Guest

of course :D

17. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name: