Anybody ever do business or know about Forza Motorsport? | FerrariChat

Anybody ever do business or know about Forza Motorsport?

Discussion in '308/328' started by kenny, Dec 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Took a look at this Nero Black 328 with bone interior they had for sale yesterday... price is very competitive at $42.5k, but car needs work... When left turn signal was engaged, the hazards come on, door handles were missing, smoke was coming out of the coolant system in the front.. Had some nicks, scratches and interior was fair..

The car had receipts for a major service at Tim Stanford for $5k though in May of 2005. Thoughts?

The part that really worried me was, service history only goes back to 5 years or so, and we all know how easy it is to disconnect or replace the odometer on these cars..

www.forzamotorsports.com

2. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    Do a search, lots of people have done business with Forza. Most people seem to have a very high regard for Peter Sweeney as a straight shooter.

3. luigibosco

luigibosco Karting

Jan 28, 2005
    Westchester County NY
    I never bought from him but looked at a couple of his cars. Some of his cars are clunkers and others are great finds. But regardless of condition, I think they're all priced fairly (or lower) and he honestly describes them as he sees them.

4. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    i've heard many good things about forza and peter on this site. i regularly cruise the site for what's for sale. i actually called him about that particular 328 3 months ago...he never told me about that stuff. he described it as a great car. booooo...

john

5. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    That's what I thought... he had some real nice cars at a good price (yellow 308, mondial QV cab etc.), and from my vague recollection on here and from what I read, he has a good reputation, but this 328 did not look like a 38k mile car that has been properly maintained (at least not to me), although there were many receipts from reputable shops like Tim Stanford and misc. little work from Miller Motors etc...

6. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Car looked correctly priced given it's condition, I think "great car" would be stretching it, but if you're looking for a driver, and looking to forego some cosmetic issues and negotiate the price w/ whatever mechanical / electrical issues that come up in the PPI, I think it's a reasonable buy...

Personally, I'd rather spend more for a better condition car with a more complete service history and a better color combo (ownership would be cheaper in the end)... I think this car would be hard to sell if you want to get rid of it after a couple years..

7. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    Peter is Very honest.
    :)

He explained everything about my car, ,
    before I bought it, , second hand.

8. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I bought my black 308 from Peter at Forza in July. Peter is honest and is pretty up front about what a car needs and his prices usually reflect what it needs. I am very happy with my '85 308, but inevitably you will find things it needs the longer you own it and become more familiar with it. I have been working on it this winter correcting a lot of little things that were done to it over the years that were have assed. In the end the car is a good driver and the little things I am fixing are because I am a perfectionist. I would not hesitate to get another Ferrari from Peter... just make sure you get a quality PPI.

9. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    does anyone have a picture of Peter Sweeney ? i bought his personal Mondial Cab sight unseen and had it shipped without ever meeting...
    ...to me he is just a voice i trust on the other end of the phone line.
    i like Peter Sweeney.

10. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    Here are some pictures he took while on vacation in Peru that he posted on the web. A couple of them have shots of him in them.

11. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You mean you STOLE his personal.........

:)

12. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    i know you're just razzin' me Dave but it was really no different than any time i've bought anything of value.
    i always ask, but only once, "what's your bottem line ? " in my experience, people already know what that is
    and that helps us cut to the chase. for my part, i accept that and make my decision based on their first price.
    i'm not a 'haggler' .

...and don't forget, by the time you add taxes, duties and shipping that $21.5k becomes $28k in about 48 hours.

13. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave

You're right I am.

14. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    #14 350HPMondial, Dec 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Azorf

Azorf Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 12, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to say that Kenny is right about what he said concerning the 328, it did have some steam coming from the front of the car as we drove it, later on I tightened up a cooling hose, I had the interior door handles off because I lent them to someone to make copies of after an interior shop lost thier door handles and I forgot to put them back on, there are some chips on the front bumper, the bone colored interior does show wear, that shade of Ferrari leather has always seemed to wear more than other colors. But I do think the car is a very good example, it runs out very well and it feels very tight on the road.I believe the mileage is correct because of how it feels on the road. If I told someone it was a great car I apologize, I probably had just got done driving it and was excited about how it felt on the road and how it drove. I always try my very best to describe everything as accurately as possible, there is no future in not doing that. I try my very best with everything I do here, I am a one man show doing everything myself and I want to thank everyone for their support I really appreciate it.
    Sincerely,
    Peter Sweeney
    PS Thanks for posting my picture with the two beer mugs!

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Welcome, man!

It is hard to do business by yourself AND be an Internet Legend!! LOL!

Bone will show more wear being a lighter color but is cooler in heat, IMO......I have it in #22641.
    The finer and softer the hide the more it will wear, obviously Ferrari kind of pays that price to use what they do, nothing is forever.......

I think I have an extra interior handle assembly, if ya need it!

17. aiminghigher

aiminghigher Karting

Nov 10, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Ken

I bought a 1980 308 gtsi about 4 years ago and was clueless about what to look for. He showed me everything about the car and then i had a 275 point check from Gran touring in Maryland and they said the car was just as Peter described it and a great buy. He is a good man in my opinion.

Ken

18. volkster999

volkster999 Karting

Sep 22, 2005
    CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Volkmar
    I bought a 328 from Peter a couple of years ago after having done quite a bit of research. He is very fair and honest and that is the kind of person you want to deal with. There are also a couple of very reputable mechanics close by that can do a PPI.

19. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Finally, the face behind the voice...would you buy a used car from this man? ;)

Agree about Peter...I worked through two prospective deals with him this fall, and around Dec 1st bought the 308GTS QV pictured in my profile from Forza.

Bill Pollard of Sport Auto, very near Peter's business, is long-established, highly reputable, and totally objective...he'll give it to you straight-up and in detail on a PPI, whether it costs Peter a sale or not.

It was an enjoyable and no-stress buying experience from start to finish.

20. volkster999

volkster999 Karting

Sep 22, 2005
    CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Volkmar
    Well said. I agree, I also used Bill Pollard for a PPI (and a service). I found both Bill and and Peter to be the kind of people that you want to work with on a purchase like this, its an enjoyable experience with no surprises.

21. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    I recently bought 2 old Maseratis from Peter for import to UK.
    It was all done on photos and description, and worked very smoothly, again with no surprises.
    Peter was always helpful and on the ball and I would be very happy to deal with him in the future

22. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Let me say that I have known Peter for at least 10 years, and I have always found him to be absolutely and completely honest and upfront about the cars he sells. He is the only guy in the country from whom I would buy a car sight unseen without a moments hesitation. Peter found me my by 365BB (#18265) and sold my 365gt (#13141) - both were perfect transactions. He also sold me a non-Ferrari which I resold a year later at a large profit. NO ONE BETTER!

Alex

23. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I did buy my 308 GTS sight unseen from Peter; it arrived Jan. 2nd, and getting through the TX registration bureaucracy kept me off the road until today . Took my first drive this afternoon...awesome car, and completely as-expected, no-surprises. Couldn't be more pleased.

24. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Good to see Peter's getting some 'air time', he's genuine!