Anybody familiar with this clutch brand? | FerrariChat

Anybody familiar with this clutch brand?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ferralc, Nov 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I came across this brand looking for an OEM clutch on eBay
    They have several stages, it seems the organic similar to OEM is the stage 2 which is pretty inexpensive ($500)

https://specclutch.com/products/

Just wondering if anybody has tried them? It is even cheaper than rebuild one
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    I called and talked to tech support on this one. They do not have them already made and they gave me a 4 week lead time. They couldn't answer any questions about how they balance, how they fit, what intermediate disc springs look like, etc. when I was on the phone. Liked they were in the US but didn't care for the approach to sales/info.

FWIW, I went with the Eurospares aftermarket dual one until I'm ready for a rebuild. My only issue was the C clips on the intermediate plate were not strong enough and I had to swap them over from my stock clutch to this one. It works fine and cost a lot less than factory, even with import and shipping fees.

HTH

ferralc likes this.
  3. HBD

HBD Rookie

Nov 17, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    SCT
    I use to work with Spec pretty closely. Personally I’d stay away. Was kind of hit or miss with them.