Anybody have bad communication with Superformance in the UK? | FerrariChat

Anybody have bad communication with Superformance in the UK?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FSM348, Oct 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    I ordered some parts from Superformance on the 14 of September and received an order confirmation immediately. It's now over 2 weeks later and have yet to hear anything related to shipping and no messages have been replied to after trying to ask what the update is. Is this normal with them? A few people have used them so I'm hoping this is not business as usual with this outfit.

2. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Usually excellent service in my 10 year + experience. Just ring them.

Formula Uno likes this.
  3. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    I was thinking of buying the exhaust they sell for the 348 after a couple of good reviews. It supposedly gives the higher pitch scream ( as much as a 348 is capable of anyway) The communication will need to improve before that ever becomes reality. Time zone difference makes it a little hard to call them from the middle of the US with my schedule currently.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    If you are awake before midday they should still be at work - alternatively if you are going to bed after 3 am local they should have begun their next day - hth

5. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    6 hour time ahead I believe!

6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I'd suggest finding a supplier in a time zone better suited to your schedule.

7. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I've been dealing with them a lot this year on my Dino. They send items very quickly, 3 days to the East Coast. I had one item not show up and had a hard time getting people to respond, but I was persistent and got results. I'll say that you have no risk dealing with them. They're honest and will eventually make things right. They also sent a alternator that wouldn't work for my car, but they paid for the return, across the Atlantic ,and applied my refund as a credit on another order. You can order with peace of mind.

8. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    In my experience, you get no communication, not even a tracking number and the stuff just arrives when it arrives. I normally have to wait about a week for delivery to NY.

9. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

Maybe I have just been lucky, but being very cheap I have even used delivery to a hotel or B&B while staying in England and it has always worked well. I got what I ordered in time and well packed. Of course I did order a couple of weeks ahead and gave them the address with a suggested delivery date and was in contact with the hotel as well. Shipping to Finland is expensive, IMO, but like I wrote I'm a typical DIY guy with shoestring budgets....so YMMV.

Cheers,

Pekka T.
    Fin.

10. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    This is true. You’ll get the invoice via email, but no tracking info. I’ve had multiple recent orders to NC in 3 to 4 days.

11. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I had practically all of my parts come from them during the engine and suspension rebuild on my 308. No issues.

12. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    4-5 days delivery time from when I placed the order till it's on my doorstep in Montana. Was astonished at how quickly I received the items when I first ordered. No complaints here.

13. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I ordered some Mondial parts before, poor quality - especially the gaskets. Delivery and communication was fine however I telephone ordered, but may avoid in the future....

14. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    3 weeks no with no communication. I hate to do it but stop payment is in order if possible at this point. I don't have out of country calling and to be honest, I don't see how calling them should be required. They offer email as a communication method and I've sent multiple emails. Darn, too bad.

lagunacc likes this.
  15. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    You don't state where you are, but isn't it worth calling them? it's just not that hard to make an international phone call. When I was travelling around the States as a student I used to call my mother here in the UK by piling quarters into a payphone on a street corner. It has to be easier than that now..and this is for your Ferrari!

16. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    Lol, good point. Actually, a payphone on the street corner would be easier. My phone goes through my business and there is no international calling on it. I will give it a try Monday and go from there.

17. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I've had good experiences with Supertweaks in the UK. Might be worth comparing next time you're shopping.

18. Vinh Le

Vinh Le Rookie

Oct 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    Vinh Le
    Is this company related to Super Tweaks (aka Tweaked Automotive)? If so, then you're out of luck unless you can pursue a chargeback with your credit card company? I ordered $2100 worth of parts from www.supertweaks.com in November 2016. By the time I attempted to follow up with them this past July (I thought the parts were on back order, and frankly, with my busy schedule it fell off my radar) they ignored my emails and phone calls because they knew my bank would have a hard time pursuing them because at least 3 months had passed since they fraudalently charged my credit card. I filed a small claim in the UK Tribunal Small Claims court at the advice of the Citizens Advice and the pr**ks at Super Tweaks lied in court documents about how I cancelled the credit card I used to make the initial purchase and they couldn't refund the card (the card was and is still open and their reason doesn't explain why they still haven't given me a refund). You should try here first: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/taking-legal-action/small-claims/going-to-court/ and see they if they advise a opening a small claim. My claim was nullified because I don't have a UK address. I plan to go after them again when I visit the UK in the next couple of months. If you have a contact in the UK, you can use their mailing address or PO Box to file the claim. Good luck!

19. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    I got everything eventually. The post office made a mistake and sent everything back. Superformance made it right and got everything to me again. I made another order and got everything pretty quick so just wanted to share this with everyone.