anybody own a new cts v | Page 2 | FerrariChat

anybody own a new cts v

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by ross, Jan 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    My uncle has a white 09/auto. It's a blast. 0-60 with 4 people in the car: 4.2

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    No offense taken, just making the point. I do know it can be fixed, but I don't want to buy a car that I have to fix out of the box.

Still a cool car though!

3. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I have a V1. It is a great car. When I was looking for a new car I wanted rear wheel drive, V8 power, manual transmission, and a totally defetable traction control system. I have done a few mods on my car. The Corsa exhaust sounds awesome. Light wieght aluminimum flywheel to improve engine response. Short throw shifter to improve shift action. The car has two distinct personalities. You can drive it nice and easy and it is a quiet luxury car or you can get on it and all heck breaks loose.

The V1 does have issues with wheel hop that has frustrated many owners. If you want a drag car this is probably not the best choice. GM knew they had a problem with wheel hop on the V1 and fixed it on the V2. They went with different diamater axels of the left and right side. This fixed the wheel hop issue. The after market was quick to follow the lead of GM and now have new asymetric axels for the V1. I haven't tried these axels yet but am planning on doing this mod this spring.

4. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    Lovely car, i definately prefer it over the Lexus ISF or the RS4. Would be a tough call between the C63 but that doesnt come with a 6spd.

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I hope they will offer the new 2 door in a convertible

6. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Would that not simply be the XLR? ;)

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The XLR is a two seat roadster whereas the new CTS-V coupe will seat four. I need a back seat for my daily driver...

8. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    like the audi S4? that could be cool...

BTW give the XLR-V the CTS-V motor and we'd be in business!

9. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    i considered the new V 6 spd as a replacement for my 02m5. Performance is awesome, but there was a couple of minor design issues that i couldnt get over.

also recently drove the new S4 and must say its VERY good all around.
    It is rather interesting that the cheaper V has more hp than the XLR-V. Im sure that will be sorted when/if a new model comes out.

10. NWaterfall

NWaterfall Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2009
    The Track
    Full Name:
    Waterfall
    My only experience with the Gen 2 CTS was at a car show... My head stuck out of the sunroof by 4 inches... Was horribly disappointed at interior head room. I can't complain too much being that they don't design cars with 6'8 people in mind, but I fit great in every Porsche and most every Ferrari I've driven and if they can find the space, why can't a "big ol' Cadillac" find it??

11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Ain't gonna happen :(

12. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Great review of the CTS V Coupe in the March Car&Driver.

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    #38 parkerfe, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
    Audi no longer makes an S4...they now make an S5 and will soon make an RS5...rumors are that Audi will also make an RS5 convertible next year...

14. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Yep, part of the review was with the head engineer for the CTS. He says there will be no convertible.

15. BLT2DRIVE

BLT2DRIVE Karting

Nov 3, 2008
    Holmby Hills,Calif.
    Full Name:
    Todd Varble
    #40 BLT2DRIVE, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
    If they come through with the CTS V in the coupe, I heard not initially at launch. I'm aiming for a CTS V in the wagon (fingers crossed), re-program the ECM, drop it, and go prowling Beverly Hills for some Audi RS wagons...LOL!! I will have to break down and quit driving my Hot Rods then... at least a day or two a week...LOL!!