Anyone attempt to fit F12 TDF wheels on a 599 yet? | FerrariChat

Anyone attempt to fit F12 TDF wheels on a 599 yet?

Discussion in '612/599' started by Jeremy58jeremy, Jun 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeremy58jeremy

Jeremy58jeremy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 30, 2010
    Palmer, Alaska
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Grimes
    Hey guys, I'm currently looking around at different wheel options for my 599 and keep getting drawn back to the F12 TDF design. The size and offsets look to be doable with maybe a little spacing. I was curious if anyone has looked into this yet and either decided against it do to space limitations or they just didn't look right?

2. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Hey Jeremy,

I actually researched the idea of installing the F12's "GTO" stylized wheels onto my 599 and given its varying wheel offsets, seemed like they'd still fit and clear the 599's wheel wells, but you'd have to install the F12's recommended tire sizes (larger, but looks and performs better on the 599).

I had started a discussion topic on that idea here in this forum circa Aug or Sept 2018, so you may look for it and judge the facts provided therein. Terry (tazandjan) was very helpful in providing quite a bit of factory wheel offset comparisons.

At that time, there was also an eBay listing from an F12 owner near Lake Castaic CA who was offering the "GTO" style wheels/tires combo off his car for about $7.8k.

However, I was convinced to strongly consider buying the original GTO wheels which fit the GTB's styling better. You know, the saying "what fits the F12, stays with the F12".

Searching the net, I made cold calls and did find a complete, brand new set of original 599 GTO titanium colored (mid gray) wheels from a dealer in Chino Hills CA who imports them directly from the EU and has them drop shipped to the buyer's address (not sure about Alaska, but CA FTB will charge sales and import taxes!). That was in Sept last year and the quoted price was about $7.1k (taxes not included) which was quite reasonable given used ones were selling on eBay for more.

I was about to pull the trigger until my car suffered damage a few weeks later that led my insurance company to essentially total the car. I later ended up with an '11 HGTE which had the original factory, multi-piece 5-spoke wheels and those look great on my 599.

Happy hunting!

Jeremy58jeremy likes this.
  3. Jeremy58jeremy

Jeremy58jeremy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 30, 2010
    Palmer, Alaska
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Grimes
    Hey thanks for the reply! Yea, I was wondering the same thing, aesthetically if they would fit the 599's styling. They may be too modern of a wheel to look right on the 599. I'm pretty sure that I could get them to fit, but I am on the fence as to whether they would look funky or not. I think that as far as the original wheel options for the 599, the HGTE wheels look the best. I even prefer them over the GTO wheels. I may just end up going that route. Thanks again for the response, that was helpful.