Anyone attend the Highlands motoring festival? | FerrariChat

Anyone attend the Highlands motoring festival?

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by JM4re, Jun 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    I was out with Covid this past week but now beyond the worst of it. I know the HMF is an annual tradition up there each June. My understanding is that it's mostly classic/antique/concours caliber cars but just wondered if any of you guys attended and had any pictures or impressions of it?

I accidentally ran across the event several years ago when I came through Highlands one particular Saturday. I knew it must have some merit when there were no fewer than 3 300SL Gullwings present.

2. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    It was a nice event. Tons of Porsches since that was the featured marque but there were a small handful of Ferrari cars present.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Paging Juan-Manuel Fantango.

4. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #4 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jul 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Yes, it was fabulous, next year is BMW. Miles Collier was the guest speaker, and there must have been 100mm plus in Porsches there? 917k Collier Foundation, Bob Ingram and his incredible Abarth Porsche that won class at Pebble Beach, 904, 906, 908, 917, 930, 935, and a slew of other Porsches, old Bentleys, Ferraris from 275, BBi, 250 GTE, 330, Dino the won Cannonball run, etc etc etc. Best show yet. Shout out to Col Mark Chmar, Steve Ham and the crew for what they do....! Oh, and I met the great John Morton there. Did you know he attended Clemson and he knew John "Buck" Fulp, the NART racer and man about Anderson who built and owned the Ibrahim home where we had the wonderful Coach I Memorial Concours up to 2017? Buck was quite the racer, wining at many major races in Ferraris and Lola T70s. According to John, Buck taught his wife at a racing school, and the Clemson/Anderson area is where John drove his first races. Instead of focusing on school, he focuses on learning to race. Get his book, Inside Shelby American, it's a good read about the early years at Shelby where John was until he was let go and Peter Brock discovered him again. https://www.amazon.com/Inside-Shelby-American-Wrenching-Carroll/dp/0760343942

BTW sorry for the poor pictures, I just did not take that many this year...and I didn't even take one of the Bbi we drove up and showed.

Attached Files:

JulieiFly and nicholasn like this.
  5. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Where was this?

6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ