Anyone been to the(Chicago) Auto Show yet? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone been to the(Chicago) Auto Show yet?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Feb 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I too would really like to thank Adam Mancuso for allowing us to view these cars up close and personal. Thank-you,Sir. I do appreciate it!

That 612 is Much better looking up close,and in the "Metal". I really wasn't all that impressed with what I saw in the initial,"Rendition" drawings,nor the subsequent Photo's. But,"Live" it really looks great,IMO. Truly a beautiful "replacement" of the 456,and more. Beautiful Interior,also.

Also,Thanks alot to Mike and Brian from Fox Valley Motorcars for letting us in to see those Gorgeous Lamborghini's up close and personal. Much appreciated,guys!

If you haven't gone down there,yet,try to,if you can. It will be going on until Sunday evening. There were some other,"Highlights" to mention. The New C6-2005 Corvette is looking really good. Base car will start with 400 H.P.,and is already purported to be the Fastest 'Vette ever. EVEN VS. the old 427/435's,GrandSports,Z06's.And,they are palnning a Hot Rod version of those,too. Much more H.P.:)

The new Ford GT,(GT40 Re-do) is cool. This year,they have a Silver one. Also,a new Mustang that looks like the old '69-'70 Boss Mustangs. And,a new Shelby.(Similar to the mid 1960's Sheby Cobra 2 seaters,but New.)

Lots to see.

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Yeah, and Brian still owes me a big favour! :)

A few years ago, I 'chauffeured' him (Best Man), and the spouses to be in the Roller for the wedding.

I think this entitles me to a private show and drive! :)

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Frank, I agree with you on all those cars. I think that 612 is beautiful--did you get a chance to climb around the inside a bit? They probably made a mistake by debuting a maroon one in Detroit. I'm not sure that's the most complimentary color for any car. I'm still not too hot for the Gallardo.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,they didn't let Anyone into the 612. That I saw,anyway. It was locked up tight. And,I hung around the Ferrari booth for quite awhile talking to Adam. Then,again when Andreas arrived,we went back there a snooped around a little more.:) But,yes,in "person",it really is a very Beautiful car. I mentioned to Andreas that the Blue/Tan looked nice. But,I'd really like to see one in the Red/Tan configuration.

Also,for the First time,that I can Recall,anyway. They had a booth (area,really) that was selling Ferrari and Maserati merchandise. It was quite large,too. Not just some dinky little spot. Large,and Impressive. Also had some Large Ferrari Race Graphics all around. Very nice.

The crowd was definitely going GaGa GooGoo over these Ferrari's,(and Maserati's). Over at the Lamborghini/Lotus booth,too. Yes,I do like The Gallardo. Maybe cause it's new,exciting and different. But,I'm not in that Market right now. I'm eyeballing Testatrossa's :) (and ofcourse,keeping my 308!)

But,the Corvette is going.....I've had 7. Thats enough,for now. Maybe in the Future I might get one of the New 2005-C6's. Those are Really nice,too. Base model starts out at 400HP.,and they are planning a
    new Z06 that should be up around 500 HP. I'll wait for those:)

By the way,Jack. How's your Doggie after it's Surgery? I'm Going under the Knife myself in a couple weeks. (Yikes!!!!!! EEEEK!!! Tremble!!! Shake!!!!)

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Yikes! Good luck, bro. The dog's doing pretty well. It was just tiring having to keep an eye on her all the time.

I got to stick my head into the 612, but that was about all. A guy at work had seen the merchandise area and gave me $20 for a Ferrari keychain. They cost $30, so I returned his money and told him if he really wants one there are plenty of places to get them cheaper. You're kind of paying the highs at the auto show!

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,stuff at the Auto Show will certainly be at a Premium. I got my Ferrari key fob from Lake Forest Sportscars,from their Ferrari boutique. I know that Continental has one,and so does Emmons Coachworks in Villa Park,I believe.

But,check out the Speedgear Catalog. They have all sorts of Ferrari,and F1 merchandise for very reasonable prices. www.speedgear.com I recieve their Catalog periodically,and if you check out their website,you can see what they have. And there's a "Click Here" so that you can get the catalog delivered to your home.

BTW... I see that they have a Ferrari Cologne,and Aftershave. Has anyone tried it? Wonder what it smells like? They have a Black,and a Red.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ferrari colognes have been around for quite a while. I bought them way back when they actually came 'per car'. Testarossa and 456 colognes were available. Now it is down to the black and red plus the F1 and Racing.

Personally I like them all, but the Racing is the one that IMHO really stands out and actually lasts for a full day and still smells great.

Once I'm done with a Ferrari cologne I keep the packaging and the bottle as backdrops to the 1/18 cars.