anyone bought a new treadmill recently? | FerrariChat

anyone bought a new treadmill recently?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by spike308, Dec 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Need a new one.
    I run. Not much (about 4.5 miles a bit over twice a week). Wife is more of a fast walker.
    I picked up running this past spring. I'm NOT running out in the ice and snow this winter!
    I'm not looking to spend a ton (could do $1500 or so, but don't need to spend that much!)
    was thinking one of the Nordic Tracks. the 900C or 1500.

Space is not a huge issue, so I do not require a folding one. I would guess the non folding types (as well as the non sub $700) are more "solid".

your thoughts are appreciated!

2. AlfaR

AlfaR Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric Paxson
    They don't make my model anymore but I bought a commercial True treadmill a little over a year ago. They are comfortable for my knees and are made in the USA. It is the same one I have had at the office for years and it is excellent.

3. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    I just bought a NordicTrack commercial 1750 direct from Nordictrack.com. Well within your budget- I think it was on sale for $1299 w/ free shipping, and I found a 10% and 5% off coupon online.

I've run on it a few times and am very happy with it. Sturdy motor, springy deck, feels very solid and well constructed. The electronics are more than I need- touch screen, Wifi, web browser, etc, and I worry that those will self-destruct before the belt or motor do, but it sure makes working out in the basement less boring.

Your mileage may vary. But well worth a look.

Gio P

4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Been leaning towards Nordic Track... big sale at this time.
    Sears is a seller.
    several of the NT machines have very scary reviews (on sears.com) regarding poor service, many problems from day 1, etc.

5. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    I have yet to find a single treadmill with all positive reviews. My research suggested that at this price point, it was between the NordicTrack 1500/1750 and the Sole F85. The balance of the reviews for both machines, at least what I was able to find, was positive. The NT went on sale, the Sole didn't, and that was that.

Plenty of warranty coverage available on both machines. Mine's been working great for a week so far- knock on wood!

Gio P

6. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I once bought a treadmill at Wal-Mart and got it home to find out I was over the weight limit! I had to lose weight before I could use the device I bought to help me lose weight! I kept it as incident to get in shape and it's now in my MIL's garage! :eek:

FWIW, I much prefer elliptical machines (and stationary bikes) b/c of the zero impact on joints, which I'm really concerned with given my aforementioned weight issue.