Anyone else pick up GTA: San Andreas ?? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Anyone else pick up GTA: San Andreas ??

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by damcgee, Oct 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    with the amount of scope there is in a platform such as this, i think it would be a great opportunity for them to release smaller "chapters" or "episodes".

so for instance they barely need to change the game itself, but they could fairly easily make up a bunch of stories within san andreas. different characters to play, new missions and storylines, whatever.

just imagine every couple months they released one with a new story in it... charged say $25 bucks a pop, i'd totally go for that. the platform has the flexibility to tell some great stories, and if you didn't want to live the life of a pimp, you could skip that release, and go for the one where you're a crooked cop or something.

just brain-farting...

2. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    I know it's not even the same kind of game, and i hate constantly referencing a game called Project Gothem Racing 2, but this is a similar idea to what Microsoft did with PGR2. They released a couple of expansion packs for download that charges the CC linked to your online account. The latest one included a few tracks made from Long Beach streets, the Radical RS3 turbo and of course a couple vintage ferraris. Cost is $5 and they released two expansion packs thus far. Keeps the game fun even after it's old. Problem is PS2 doesn't have a harddrive to store maps and missions, so I guess it would have to be a standalone ROM.

3. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It would be good, but you and i know that it will never happen.
    Is there anyway to boot a game off a memory card? So the games loads up as normal, but uses the boot code from the memory card????

4. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick

It does now, sony is still working on the update stuff but expect it for PS2 soon.

5. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I remember that being announced 4 years ago....
    I think they are working on the PS3.....

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It never made it to the US market. A friend of mine has a few of them, but they are for modded/Japanese versions of the PS2. (they used to develop a multimedia app for the PS2, hence the reason why they had that stuff) I think they bailed on the harddrive idea for the US market because of the expense and usibility. Perhaps they cannot do much with it.. or can they?

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Okay, I am stuck on the mission where I am dancing on the beach with the DJ. Is there a trick to it, or does it just take immense practice?

9. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Takes practice... There is a low rider mission like that too.

10. sirsomo

sirsomo Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Atlanta/Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    with the dj try to get into the rhythm of the song. Also, slow down, hit the buttons as they are leaving the circle and you'll get it.
    Im currently stuck on wu zi mu's race mission....

11. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'm stuck there too & also the Dance Club. The lowrider car hopping contest was a breeze.

12. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They are the easy missions!!!!!
    Wait till you get to Las Venturas!!!! Damn.....

13. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Hey I know. My character is a black man that can't dance. How sad is that?

(no offence)

14. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Come on homes, give CJ a break!

Wait to you see Ken Rosenberg again..... That character incites rage...

Who is your favourite character??? Mine is Wuzy by far!

15. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah, i had a couple go's at the retake madd doggs mansion mission but haven't had a play for several days now, so that's where i'm up to.

16. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That is one intense mission.
    I used the molotov cocktails alot. I love those....

17. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    If that's the one where you have to get his song book or whatever... That mission was fun and easy!

18. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No i was referring to the one where you parachute in with some Triad guys...
    Seems like you aint up to that yet, hehehe, wait for that one Pat...

19. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    dunno, probly Macker... the guy who's always masturbating. :)

i picked it up again, and it's pretty astounding just the amount of STUFF in this game. it only recently occurred to me that there's no longer any waiting period going between islands, it's seamless.

i tried to take my date for a ride in my harrier jump jet, but she was havin none of that... so we took a carrier helicopter and jumped out. :D

i'm up to a point now where i have to get laid by that dominatrix croupier chick before much else comes up.

so for you guys wondering if it's werth plugging through... it is. :) pretty soon you get an idea for how to plan a mission properly (for the difficult ones), and in one mission you might find yourself in the 'hood taking territories, the next dogfighting in military aircraft... VTOL rocks.

oh, gotta love the riots....... :D

20. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i've got an idea i'd LUUURVE to see come from this game engine... do any of you remember Stunt Island by Disney?

well, about 1992 they released a "game" which was sort of a flight sim thing, but beyond the gaming aspects it was a fully fledged film studio, with hundreds of objects/vehicles/characters and inbuilt sounds and stuff. it was great fun making movies out of it.

what i would love to see is the movie making editty studio thing that Rockstar use to create the cut-scenes tizzied up and released to the public so we can use all the wonderful objects and locations and characters and vehicles in our own movies.

that would give so much life-expectancy to the game i reckons. :)

as you were...

21. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I finally got past it this weekend. I tried having my wife read out the symbols as they scrolled along the screen, which didn't work because they scrolled faster than she could call them out. After a couple of more tries solo, I finally did it.

22. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Right now Im stuck on the mission where you race the ZR-350 on the dirt road all through the countryside. That car has such sh1tty traction I'm constantyl spinning out, even though my "Driving Skill" is almost full. Once I do get a good lead on the other racers I end up falling into a river or catching on fire or some other tragedy. Shame there are no other missions for me to do, I've been just terrorizing people for days.

The flamethrower is great fun with slow-mo cheats, the screams are priceless.

23. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Does anybody else have probblems taking over hoods?
    I mean, its lucky to find a few gang members standing together, but in some of the smaller hoods, they simply are not around.
    I could drive to those hoods for half an hour and not see any gang members around.
    What the hell should i be doing?

24. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I've been way too busy with work & other projects to play the game lately. If I get time, maybe GT4 will finally be released.

25. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was saying that 2 years ago....
    Funny that :)