Anyone employed by Ferrari?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone employed by Ferrari??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RBG, Apr 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
  2. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    Nice pix TEX!!!!

Yea, Grey- not sure what you mean by trolling, but sorry i wasted you time... Another posted mentioned Ferrari and McLaren, and both were involved in that story

3. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Well, it seems that you don't follow F1 that closely. We've been discussing the spy scandal for over a year now, if you have enough time to your disposition (let's say, 2 months :D), there's a lot to read in the F1 section :)

4. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    guess this is the price you pay for being new!lol TBH, I am just really getting into the culture
    Sounds intriguing though, and will be reading up

5. AML225

AML225 Karting

Jan 23, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA & CT
    Full Name:
    Andrew L.

If anyone cares to share, or if you're one of the aforementioned people please feel free to PM me. I'm a Mechanical Engineering Student and would love to just ask you a few questions about your jobs and the industry in general. Thanks!

6. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    If they do any recruiting over this forum, then sign me up! It is my dream to be an engineer for either the Scuderia or the road car division. I get my degree this December!

7. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Although I am not currently employed by Ferrari, I do work in the automotive industry for a very large supplier. If there is anything I can help you with (insight, advice, etc) please contact me!

8. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Sorry to say but FNA only hires candidates with Automotive experience. Although they are not hiring..... Mercedes, BMW and Jag sometimes hire candidates without industry experience but even that is rare. Even candidates on the retail side have a hard time making the transition. In this climate there are tons of qualified automotive candidates on the market which makes it even tougher to break through. Given the size, an FNA, Bentley, or Maserati just don't have the luxury of on the job training.

more importantly, where are the pics of the 430 replacement?

9. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Luckily, although I am still a student, I have (what I consider to be) a vast amount of experience that I have gained in the past few years in the auto industry. I go to a school that places a huge emphasis (and requirement) on gaining job experience to complement your education. Thus as a senior, I have been employed by a great company since I was a freshman and have learned so much that cannot be taught in the classroom, which hopefully puts me ahead of my peers with no experience in the industry.

10. Reddol

Reddol Karting

Jun 10, 2007
    Italy
    ACross you have a pm

11. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Awhile back, Mclaren was looking for aerodynamicists (sp?) My friend in UK called to ask me if i was interested in applying. I like England mind you, but too California spoiled. Besides, haven't been around a wind tunnel in 20+ years.........

12. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Last one i was in seated 3. If we're talking about the same car.

13. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ya know, i have been with General Dynamics for some 12 years now, and with my R&D background, i have always wondered what sort of background you would have to have to work for any of the exotics manufactures or in F1.

fly by light / fly by wire and Supersonic applications for aircraft would seem to translate well to a F1 car. i am not talking about proprietary data, but having the mindset to think and work in these terms seems it would have its place in cutting edge motorsport.

perhaps i should look for Resume help here.....