Anyone ever been involved with the Freemasons? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone ever been involved with the Freemasons?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jonesn, Feb 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Carbon, I doubt that JFK was a Mason. Don't know if they teach this in what passes for history books now-a-days, but Kennedy was Catholic. Thus, I doubt that he would be very welcome in an organization that historically was persecuted by the Catholic Church.

Dr "Free Bird" Tax

ps I'm working on it. I'm working on it.

2. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    Is anyone here a travelling man, if you are, you will know what I mean. :)

3. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    My grandfather was a Mason, but other than that I dont know much about it and he didnt talk about it to my knowledge.

4. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    What do you seek?

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    My rememberance was the Jimmy Carter was not a Mason, while JFK was.

6. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    The History Channel just hosted a show on Secret Societies. Interesting take on that Illuminati theory with the pyramid and latin text on the back of the US dollar bill and the significance of the torch on the Statue of Liberty.

"Some of the world's most powerful individuals belong to secret organizations. The Skull & Bones, the Bilderbergs, and the Tri-Lateral Commission are just a few of the groups that many still believe are conspiring to take over the world--others believe they already have. What fuels such rampant conspiracy paranoia? We examine a number of these clandestine organizations, past and present, and reveal why so many people fear their nefarious agendas."

Next Air: Friday 27, 2006 1AM

7. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    JFK could not be a Mason since he was a Catholic and you can't be both.

8. exotics4fun

exotics4fun Karting

May 13, 2005
    Incorrect, there is no prohibition against catholicism or most any other monotheistic faith in Masonry. In fact, specific talk about an organized religion is a topic considered "off limits" during Masonic events in nearly every lodge in the world.

9. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Wrong,

apparently ( ;) ) in England you have to belive in any God to belong......doesnt matter what you call it God, Jehova, Bob etc, the way of worship may change but the principle doesnt,

Freemasonary accpets people of all faiths & doesnt discriminate, you may find however that certain branches of certain religions frowned upon members becoming Freemasons not the other way round.

10. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Come on up to Canada. Those clubs are legal here, now!

11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Free Perry Mason! Free Perry Mason!

(crowd chanting)

12. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    #37 BlueBiturbo, Jan 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    LOL!

Homer joined the Stonecutters, later on they changed the name to.. NO HOMERS :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Read 'Rule By Secrecy' by Jim Marr. His premise is that the Masons were a continuing connection to a small group of elite that essentially ran the world. The fact that members of the general Mason population were basically clueless was due to the fact that there were many levels within their hierarchy, and only the innermost circles knew the real secrets.
    I don't want to spoil the punchline, but the secrets go back to pre-Egyptian civilization, and tie into the origins of our species from other planets.
    This book is not only a rip-roaring read, but one of the few 'conspiracy' books that is almost readable. Enjoy.

14. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    read the Schroedinger's Cat Trilogy for a good story with all this stuff in it. and for some surreal relaxation, the Principia Discordia. :p some of my favourite books when i was a teenager....

15. ahighland

ahighland Rookie

Jul 11, 2005
    Bloomington, IN
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I watched part of the show on the History Channel last night. I fell asleep part way through but it was very interesting. The man conspiracy guy seemed a little out there. The did have another guy in the middle ground, and one that said the conspiracy was a bunch of crap. So, you get all angles. I might have to catch it when it is on again and don't have to wake up in the morning.

16. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    my dad has a ring that has the freemasons symobol on one side, and I think his initials on the otherside, meaning the top of the ring rotates, like a secret decoder ring.........never really asked about it till I realized the symbol on the otherside was a freemasons symbol........he must have part of the European chapter

17. moretti124guy

moretti124guy Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael Satterfield
    I am a Master Mason in a lodge here in Southern California. It has been one of the best things I have ever done and I would encourage more men to look into it. Remeber 2B1ASK1

18. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    all i know is that i started a thread about skull and bones and the next thing i know f-chat crashes.

but seriously, i've heard nothing but good about them, albeit they're a secret organization, but from what i understand there are different degrees to what one is involved with the masons, with the higher degrees being the more secretive ones. it sounds interesting, who knows, maybe one day.

19. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I'd like an application....

20. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger
    To say the Mason's are descendants of a secret Egyptian/ pre-Egyptian group is like saying the Catholic Church is the first Christian Church. Yeah, it's good for 'historical' value, but has no basis in fact.

They also have a love affair with obelisks. Look up what they are/ represent.

As for the American Anti-Mason Party, before you condemn them, look up the murder they did that led to the party forming.

The Southern Baptist Convention had/ have a document about the incompatibility of SB and Freemasonry. With the exception of one source (one paragraph/ point), they use the Mason's own texts/ documents.

21. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Rob, your glad you never pledged a fraternity then. :)

22. tdcnb

tdcnb Rookie

Nov 4, 2005
    New Brunswick
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I have travelled to the east and am the Master of our Masonic Lodge this year.

It is a great organization. The Shriners are really the face of the Masonic organization. In order to be a Shiner you must first be a Mason.

23. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    The way I see it, historically, the Masons were a sort of anti-religious persecution/obscurantism group. However today they are mostly a way for old man to have an excuse to spend time away from their nagging wifes. I think the movement will mostly die off in the future.

As for the ultimate secret/exclusive society that controls the world... It's called the White Male.

24. QT3141

QT3141 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2006
    That, too, will die off. East Asian Male will be the next exclusive society.

No, I'm not one of those either.

25. moretti124guy

moretti124guy Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael Satterfield
    Not really read a few more books.