Anyone fancy a 550 project in the UK? | FerrariChat

Anyone fancy a 550 project in the UK?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 21ATS, Apr 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  2. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Ohhh, would love to take up the challenge!
    However I haven't finished my 456GT (which came from further down) so regretfully have to pass.

3. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Well the donor car is left hand drive, so it would probably suit someone in mainland Europe.

Price looks a bit strong to me for what is essentially a written of 550 and some damaged (rare) race car parts.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Difficult how to price this. The Japanese parts aren't exactly striking...had it been prodrive parts (Even well used) all around it would be an easy buy. Can't assess the damage on the 550 but looks like a lot.

Engine worth 10K though. Gearbox probably another 5.

5. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    mobile.de recently had a car with non-original body parts and an original motor. Bargain hunters will get more than they asked for, after 'saving' approximately $15,000 from a decent driver. The stuff at the top and very bottom of the pool usually moves quickly.

Bas likes this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The silver one? It had mirrors from something or other. I know it was likely used as a track car only but the Maranello's mirrors are so nice and then he fitted whatever they where from...hope the new owner changed that swiftly!

7. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I (believe) the car is in Germany. The interior was re-done and it has aftermarket body panels.

Bas likes this.