Anyone flying soon? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone flying soon?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by SefacHotRodder, Dec 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    care to define this "ideal of Democracy"

>Peace

kill for peace?

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    And you wonder why American's have a bad reputation around the world... It is coments like that.

Holy Crap! I don't care what religion you hold or what you think is civilized but that is boardering on the kind of hate mongering that the Terrorists use to convince young people that strapping a couple of pounds of Cimtex to your crotch and running up and hugging someone is a good idea.

Read that line you wrote again and insert Jews... Hindus... Chineese... Mexicans....

See ya at the Klan meeting Ya Tool!

3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Jordan

Great pix keep it up

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I'm flying into LAX next month. I hate flying and supposedly there is concern about that airport. Then again, you can get killed walking out of your front door in the morning so I guess I shouldn't be worried.

5. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #30 writerguy, Dec 26, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    haha. to the UK? might take a while ;)

btw, this may sound like a stupid question but does anyone know how to prevent nose bleeds? i am really congested right now and i get nose bleeds at random (about 4 times a day :( ) and i'm worried about the pressure or whatever on the plane that i may get one that won't stop or will just keep getting them, i don't want to just keep my head back the whole time (its a 7 hour flight and there are some decent movies on i think ;) )

Thanks in advance

7. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    btw, this may sound like a stupid question but does anyone know how to prevent nose bleeds? i am really congested right now and i get nose bleeds at random (about 4 times a day :( ) and i'm worried about the pressure or whatever on the plane that i may get one that won't stop or will just keep getting them, i don't want to just keep my head back the whole time (its a 7 hour flight and there are some decent movies on i think ;) )

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Easy fix, go see a Dr. they can cauterize the vein. Had it done several times because of Martial Arts and street fights I've been in. Stops the problem once and for all. Hurts a little ,stinks like heck. What they do is burn it closed.

8. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i actually have one now :( i'm going tomorrow so i can' do that, but i will look into it when i get back, thanks. is there any like vitamin pill that a side effect is less nose bleeds (i'm really searching here)

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Hey Augustine, be sure and visit the SoCal forum and let us know the dates out here. If you have some free time, DES has threatened me to take you to Crystal Cove. Good Porsche turnout. Everything from 356 speedsters to GT2s. Some guy brought an original 550 spyder once. Let me know if your interested!

10. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    I just got back from a trip to Washington DC. First time flying into Washington National (Reagan). For those of you who don't know where the airport is situated: it's on the Potamac adjacent to Arlington Natl Cemetary and across the river from the National Mall. You can see the Washington Monument, the Capitol, and the Lincoln Memorial on final approach.

Anyway, new TSA/FAA/DHS policies for Washington National inbound and outbound flights are that passengers are to remain in their seats (buckled) for the last 30 minutes inbound and the first 30 minutes outbound. The flight attendant inbound suggested that if anyone needed to use the lav, the must use it NOW!! She proceeded to say that if anyone were to stand up out of their seats during the 30 min window, regulations require them to notify the captain who will contact the military to be intercepted by fighters and diverted to another airport. The person who stood up will then be removed from the aircraft by the authorities for questioning. They weren't messing around.

One gentleman stood up (inbound) just after the flight attendant made the announcement that we were 30 minutes out and everyone needed to remain seated. Their were a couple of gasps from people around him and the flight attendant started talking at the top of her lungs, "SIR! Sit Down! SIR!! Sit down NOW!!" At this point she got up and started moving toward the man. He sat down. You could cut the tension with a knife (which I didn't take onboard).

Great trip. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. I did not mind any of the additional security in the DC area. I just had to plan accordingly to do anything or go anywhere by giving myself extra time.

My trip was:
    2 days DC for the original Smithsonian Air & Space Museum
    4 days in Kitty Hawk, NC for the First Flight Centennial Celebration
    2 days back in DC for the new Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum at Dulles Intl Airport
    .... and a half day at FoW!! ...and a half day at Cherner Classics (Potamac MD) to see their red/black Mondial cabrio!!!

Great trip all around!!

Cheers.

Mike

11. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    wow. the good thing about flying now is that half my flight will probably be fbi (or whoevers job it is to guard planes) agents so i guess i'm really safe, but you can never be completely safe.

12. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    No worries! Just relax and enjoy it. If nothing else, think of lovely England to take your mind off of flying. If your bored, grab me a safety card or a barf bag...I collect them :) Take some pictures!

13. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    you collect barf bags? i can understand safety cards but barf bags.....i'll grab you a few barf bags, dunno about the safety card..don't want to jinx anything ;) (joke...kinda)

14. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    yea...im weird :)

Here are a few Virgin Atlantic Shots for you. Great Airline!

15. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Jordan,
    Get my email?

16. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    one more shot :)

17. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I live in FL but work in DC, so I fly in and out of National Airport every week. Lemme tell ya, some schmuck *always* gets up right after take off... they tell you 5 times in the terminal "Federal regulations dictate that you must stay in your seat for the first thirty minutes..." then when you get on board, the flight attendents tell you at least twice more as everyone's getting on. Then when the plane is taxiing, the captain comes on and tells you not to get up, then once you're in the air, they tell you AGAIN. But lo and behold, every single time, without fail, some numbnuts gets up and heads for the can 5-10 minutes after we take off. And then they look shocked and surprised when the flight attendant yells at them. The other passengers should be allowed to punch them as they return to their seat. Stupid people...

-R

18. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    just replied! See you then!

19. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Robin, i have to aggre, there is always someone...grrrr

Jordan, thanks, i love that site. cool pix. i was going to look up the plane i am on tomorrow but didn't get round to it. i may do it later. The new virgin scheme imo is really nice...now the new BA one, thats a whole 'nother story ;)

20. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Virgin's colors really are great! The new BA colors are ok..but the old colors were just so classy. I loved them!

21. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yeah, the old colors were nice. the idea for different tail schemes for different countries was a dumb idea too

22. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Ideal of Democracy = Power to the People. Withal the US isn't the perfect model, it remains an ideal.
    To robi was extended an olive branch, as his disparaging words towards Muslims on US soil highlight the despair within him - perhaps before, but obviously during and after the tragedy of 9/11 which hit far too close to home. The hope is for robi to receive Peace of mind, rather than give Piece of mind - and transfer the Peace to or about Muslims, be they in NJ, NY or anywhere else in the US let alone this planet upon which olive trees grow. In their raw, natural state - uncured olives are bitter. Cured, olives don't leave a bitter taste.

23. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    well i'm off to bed. i have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning (aprox. 6 hours time), then get the flight at 6. I'll try to give you all updates, altho i don't think my grandparents' internet is working, i'll try tho ;)

have a good new years guys :)

chris

24. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I have to fly & I am not going to let some ignorant Camel Humper keep me from travelling. If he is on my plane, I am more than prepared to kick his Azz :)

25. BRaskin

BRaskin Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    Its funny, because I have flown SO many times and I will admit those pictures are one of the most beautiful things I've seen. Yet I don't find comfort in looking down and seeing nothing but thousands of feet below me. Then the damn plane is shaking and opther misc things. I find zero comfort in it what so ever. And it BOTHERS me to no end. I LOVED flying as a child and there are so many places I want to go and see be I really think the fear is going to keep me from doing these things. I know the odds and the chances but I still think how many people were scared of playing who were on those planes on 911 or any other time a plane has crashed? And they listend to their families and friends say," do you know the chances" " there is no way". I bet those people feel like the cause of those peoples deaths. Ah what ever I just don't like it, Maybe a few pills or a drink will make me forget but The fact remains its the only way to travel and if you want to get someplace in any kind of time you HAVE to fly.