Anyone for breakfast tomorrow? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone for breakfast tomorrow?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by storminnormin, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm game for a Sat or Sun run... however it looks like rain, and the Dino might melt in the rain.

Artherd guessed it right... he knows Wilson Audio products, and they make the only 700lb sub in existence. There are probably less than 50 of them. Yes, it's awesome, just getting the amps and crossovers in this week so I can assemble it all while you guys are driving in the rain.
    I am running the X-1's full range, have 2 watchdogs in the room, plus the XS. It is sub bass madness ... but if anything is worth doing, it's worth doing extremely well.

Someday you guys will have to stop in before/after a drive and check out this insane media room.

2. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    I hired four movers to move it from the garage to the room underneath.
    They took one look at the 7' tall monster and called in for reinforcements. Five guys took four hours to move it ...they left after midnite, exhausted, weeping, cursing me....

3. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Yes, but what about the speaker??!!!!! And did they leave happy??!! Lol, sorry, couldn't resist! :)

Hey, you wanna host an F1 gathering next season?

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Ok...I have to ask! This isn't for a home audio setup, is it?

Biggest set of personal sub enclosures I've seen was from a Genesis 1.

--Dan

5. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    It's an audio setup of sorts, and in my home, er, well under my home.

6. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Tony- the XS is great, totally agree with your philosophy in my persuits as well. Life is just too short to not push the envalope of human expierence and ingenuity.

I would love to check out your system one day, you should come up to the wine country when I get my real listening room done (right now just in the design phase.)

Guys- THESE are speakers! ;)

Best!
    Ben.

PS: Dan, the Genesis rock.

7. ART360

ART360 Guest

If its going to happen, someone call me. The car is going away in the next week or so, and it needs one last ride.

Art

8. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    I dream about X-2's... will hear them in the spring. Friend of mine is taking delivery then. I use a WP7 for center channel, and 2 WD's and 1 XS for sub-bass.

Anyway, is there a drive forming in the south bay area???

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Tony- it never stops eh? ;) I started an entire buisness just so I could tinker with my sound even more. Now I'm leveraging composites technology from one of my other companies to make a cabinet that's so strong and non-resonant you could hit it with a car (the numbers actually do work out, energy would all dissapate into heat.)

It's a sickness, pure and simple! But we don't exactly 'suffer' from it ;)

The Alexandria is supposed to be simply incredible (sadly I haven't heard it yet) though I do lament the end of the WAMM that started it all.

Damn expensive hobbies. I keep telling myself that it's all cheaper than therapy I'd otherwise need, but I'm probally wrong.

Best!
    Ben.

PS: Oh yeah, anyone desireing a drive this Sunday (11-30-03) AM? I may be able to bring the cobra if it's not raining. (car of course has NO top)

10. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I was going to suggest a drive this Saturday or Sunday too...to give Art's car a proper sendoff. But it looks like rain on Saturday and Sunday. :(

11. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm up for a Sun drive, but not if rain.
    Let's keep an eye out as we get closer.