Anyone from Indonesia? | FerrariChat

Anyone from Indonesia?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Expat, Jan 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Expat

Expat Rookie

Jan 11, 2005
    JKT/Vancouver
    Full Name:
    HC
    Hey new to this board. Just moved back to Indo last year from Vancouver Canada. No I don't drive a Ferrari but would like one someday (like everyone else in this world). So, do people here actually own and drive Ferraris cause I haven't seen any? Just curious. Any Indonesians in this board who are car nuts??

2. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    There are som many F-cars in Jakarta today. Maybe you just aren't lucky enough to see one driven. There were some Enzos for sale here too, and I saw one of them. Too bad it isn't RHD.

3. beemaro

beemaro Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    Damansara Malaysia
    Of course, there are lots of them esp in Jkt.

The wealthy Indonesian can buy not one but a few at one go if they wanted to. Absolutely, no such thing as to downgrade house to buy car as u mentioned earlier in Spore. Personnally, I feel one need to be in a certain level before owning these exotic machines, otherwise things dun fall in place properly.

4. Expat

Expat Rookie

Jan 11, 2005
    JKT/Vancouver
    Full Name:
    HC
    Yea I figured there would be a few in Indo. I've seen fleets of Bentleys so there must be Ferraris too.

BlueBiTurbo: sorry I'm still unfamiliar around town but would you know where are the "car places" around town? I think the only high end dealership I've seen is the new Jag/Bentley dealer beside the highway. Any car clubs? I missed all that after moving here from Canada!

5. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Check out the Automall next to the Jakarta Stock Exchange Building, they have quite a collection. I saw the red Enzo there before it was sold to a guy who already has a red Enzo (for a while he owns 2 red NNO's !!), then he sold it back to the dealer. I guess it's still there now. AFAIK there are some Murcies, Gallardos, 8 or 9 Maybachs, dozens of 355 and 360 but only one F50 in town.

The official Ferrari dealer is in Plaza Permata Jl. MH Thamrin, across Grand Hyatt Hotel. Ivan's motor also has some exotic collection from time to time.

As far as car clubs are concerned I'm not that familiar. There are MBZ clubs and Bimmer clubs but I'm not a member of any clubs.

6. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Check out the Automall next to the Jakarta Stock Exchange Building, they have quite a collection. I saw the red Enzo there before it was sold to a guy who already has a red Enzo (for a while he owns 2 red NNO's !!), then he sold it back to the dealer. I guess it's still there now. AFAIK there are some Murcies, Gallardos, 8 or 9 Maybachs, dozens of 355 and 360 but only one F50 in town.

The official Ferrari dealer is in Plaza Permata Jl. MH Thamrin, across Grand Hyatt Hotel. Ivan's motor also has some exotic collection from time to time.

As far as car clubs are concerned I'm not that familiar. There are MBZ clubs and Bimmer clubs but I'm not a member of any clubs.

7. Expat

Expat Rookie

Jan 11, 2005
    JKT/Vancouver
    Full Name:
    HC
    I'll be sure to check out those places. Thanks.

8. SFerrari

SFerrari Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    MG
    The Ferrari Dealer gets a nice showroom in Jakarta, last time I came there 2 Modenas were exhibited.... and full of nice cars in town...

9. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Update information:
    Auto gallery has:
    1. Enzo (Rosso Corsa)
    1. Stradale (Rosso Scuderia)
    2. 575 (Black & red)
    1. Porsche 996 GT2 (Yellow)
    1. F360 Spider (Yellow)
    1. Rolls Royce
    1. Bentley GT

Ivan Motor has:
    1. Gallardo (Orange)
    1. F360 (Corsa)
    1. F360 Spider

Batavia Motor has:
    1. Porsche 996 TT (Yellow)
    1. F360 (Corsa)

AB Sport has:
    1. 512 BB (Koenig)
    1. F355 (Red)
    2. F360

1. 612 Scalieti in Ferrari workshop ready to deliver to customer.

and some other showrooms have F360 in stock.

Surabaya city doesn't have any ferrari or lambo or porsche dealer but 1 Murcielago, 3 F360, & some Porsche are there. 1 showroom offering F355 F1 yellow.

10. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
  11. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    You've a nice collection of cars there...and you chose the colours pretty well too, i.e black 7 and E, blue 555 STI....RED CS..

Don't happen to be the guy who used to own Lambo?

12. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Nice collection.
    congrats

13. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Thanks ... Actually my 7 is midnight blue... :) .. sorry for bad pics quality.
    I never have Lambo... but my friend's friend has the yellow murcielago.

How is malaysia bro?

14. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Thanks. My collection still nothing compare to my friend in Jakarta who has:
    - Murcielago (F1)
    - Diablo 6.0 Anniversary Edition with Carbon Interior
    - F575 Maranello Rosso Corsa
    - F360 Modena with Tubi Rosso Corsa
    - F355
    - F348
    - one more older type Ferrari
    - Maserati Merak
    - SL55 AMG
    - Some older SL series
    - Porsche 996 TT with By Design
    - Several Older 911's
    - Bentley TT
    - NSX
    - Hummer
    - Audi All Road 2.7 TT
    - Audi TT
    - 350Z (T-series)
    - Smart
    - VW Caravel
    - Some older cars like Jaguar E-type & so on

Total 30 cars with 5 mechanics full time.

Now he is ordering & waiting for his F430. He is just amazing & a great car collector.... :)

15. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Malaysia's ok...I am in China for a 2-month stint. Will only be back by mid/end April. Got some JKT friends as well although they're not into cars...

Fantastic collection your friend has got. We have a couple of tycoons in KL who I heard has collections that more or less rivals your friend's, but sad to say I don't know 'em personally.

What I was implying on my Lambo question was whether you are the former owner/co-owner of Lamborghini Automobili Spa, i.e Sitiawan Djodi !!!

16. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Yes, I believe there are many of car collectors out there ... Malaysia has many tycoon and a very nice toll road. Once I traveled by car from KL to Pinang. I was frustrated by the 110 km/h speed limit because the road is smooth .... :)

Sorry that I misunderstood your lambo question. I am not Setiawan Jodi ... I wish I am him ... hahahha
    AFAIK ... The real person who bought the Lambo was Tommy.

17. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Our toll roads are infamous for having hidden snipers, albeit with Falcon 2000 radar guns rather than a Mauser 7.62mm! But as long as you're willing to collect and pay the tickets...what the heck! We do not have a demerit point system as yet, and as long as yer pays yer bills, you're okay..

I do my runs with my two brothers, Evo 6TME and a 7, and friends with a kitted out Supra and a Skyline GTR34 on Sunday mornings and our fave stretch is the one from KLIA to the first toll. 10km of billiard smooth tarmac and no cops...normally. Why the rice-burners? Most F-car owners in KL are Tan Sris/ Datuks and even the local Ferrari club has problems getting its members to play! These upper echelon of society don't wake up early just to drive their cars and have breakfast at roadside stalls as reward for the early rise from slumber. We do Sepang on Saturdays, once a month and if I am around in KL.

For me the 360CS is a car to aspire to. I have said it before and I say it again, congratulations !

Cheers,

Iskandar.

18. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Dang! Whatta collection.

What surprises me the most is the Merak and the E-type Jag... not that many Indonesians know that kind of car. I know my Dad's friend had a Merak back in the 80's. In 1985 my friend has a 365 BB (the one with six exhaust), I think that car is awesome.

There are also many car nuts in Bandung, one guy has a 40+ collection of bimmers. I tried to lure him to sell his E34 M5, but collectors rarely sell their possesion

How old is your friend BTW?

19. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Hi Iskandar

Since you play in Sepang, do you know my Singaporean friend names Veto? He is driving blue STI & modified with 2.5 ltr block & big turbo? Before this car he drove white Spec C but burned down in Sepang I believe. He is quite active in Sepang Track day.

Regards
    Setiawan

20. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    His Merak is not running now. He told me the car was lent for some movie shooting & the engine blown. What a mess ... :(
    My friend is about 50 yo. Down to earth personality.

Oh yeah ... Bandung is very unique. I was told 1 Enzo is owned by Bandung people & many Ferrari collectors too.

I saw 1 more maserati but I am not sure that one was Merak or Bora. That car was in workshop & again not in running condition.
    If you go to AB Sport showroom you will see 365 BB by Koenigg (in Red) but I heard not in a good condition.

21. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    That's the famous Koenig 512BB if I'm not mistaken. It's been for sale since the year 2000. It was owned by a famous individual since the 80's and was serviced in a Mercedes-Benz dealership at the time (since there was no Ferrari Dealership yet in Jakarta).

My friend's 365BB (six round rear lights and six exhaust) is standard but has been repainted so many times, last time I saw was light blue metallic.

22. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Setiawan,

I have been on the Sepang track many times, even before it was sanctioned and the 'consultants' were allowed to drive a couple of laps to have a feel..hehe..suffice to say my friends and I blagged a couple more albeit doing it in my old Alfa 164 Cloverleaf!! In the 355 only twice, I'm afraid...got the car only on Jan.15th and have been in and outta China once too often!

My brothers should know this bloke and will check with them. I do Sepang twice on a Saturday, one with a local SupSkyEvStiITRCTR gang from Subang and the other a special occasion for a 'somebody' who has just got his CGT and happens to be one of our client's buddy. My brothers, on the other hand, belongs to these rice-brigade and are real track hoons..

I much prefer the former Batu Tiga track, more corners and IMO even though the 355 is fast by any car's standard, the long-ish straight of the Sepang makes it feel a mite underpowered!! My previous GTR-R34 was fun in Sepang, but I have to sell it on to make funds for the F-car.

As much as I like doing track, my fave drive is still on deserted mountain(ous) roads. I am a biker still and we have a log-book of the best twisties in Malaysia. The best is in Kuala Klawang, relatively unknown outside the biking fraternity but the roads are nothing short of amazing! Hair-pins/double-backs/double-radius with decent straights...all of 25km long. Tried once with the 355 along with my biking buddies...sheer heaven!! You can hear the howl reverberating against the hill walls and...the shriek on the walled straights...it will make you feel like Herr Schumi in Monaco!

Now...how to make more money so that I can buy the CS in 2 years time? That will be something to tell the grandkids about!

23. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Hi,
    Yeah I heard of Veto,
    he has gotten a new Spec C, if i am not mistaken. He is pretty good in Sepang Tracks, and it was a waste his previous spec C was burn .

24. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    I think you are right, that was 512BB ... my bad ... :(

Anyway that car suppose to be awesome when in good condition.

25. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Iskandar

I envy you for being able to play on the track. Surabaya has no track, not even a proper drag track.
    I have a full modified WRX with close deck block (EJ22), 2.35 stroke engine, big turbo, 6 speed JDM version gearbox & all the support parts but can't play it in the track. Jakarta has track but 1000 km away. Toll road is the only way .. :(
    Did you modified your GTR-R34? That car has crazy engine tune potential.

Where is Kuala Klawang? Is it far from KL? Any speed camera?

F355 is one of my favourite Ferrari, especially with TUBI.
    CGT is awesome car for the track. I read from car magazine the CGT has faster time then Enzo.

I think you are on a big project in China so CS will be in your hand soon. China is building almost everything like crazy.