Anyone game to come out and play? | FerrariChat

Anyone game to come out and play?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by FullTilt, Oct 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FullTilt

FullTilt Karting

Jun 19, 2004
    Some of you guys know me, but here is a brief intro from an email I just sent out, anyway.

I'm sending this out to invite some selected people out for a day of vehicular fun.

As you may well recall, I've talked to a bunch of people about putting cars and bikes together to run for amusement and video/internet fame. The last effort I put out was the Kings of the Street (you can check it out at www.fulltiltlife.com Preview available at bottom of page here: http://www.racingflix.com/getdvd.asp?dvd=3 ). Now that I've moved up to Vancouver, BC, I don't do it as often. However, I'll be back in SoCal from the 5th to the 12th. I'm planning on getting out twice during that time to get some cars and bikes together.

The first date will be Saturday, the 5th early morning for high speed stuff. As we traditionally do, we'll have a good group meal somewhere afterwards to swap stories. That evening, I anyone who is game can continue onto www.lacr.net where they should allow anyone to run. It would be a good follow up the early day runs with some timed drag strip runs from a dig.

The preferred second date will be Friday, the 11th, which will be a holiday for many people.

I'm also around during the week and Sunday the 6th.

The objective as always will be to put together the vehicles so that the matchups will be interesting. We can alter the starts if necessary by giving a lead, differentiating start speeds, lengthening the runs, etc. It will specifically NOT be "racing", and egos should be left at home locked in a closet wrapped in wet towels. We want to enjoy ourselves.

To that end, there will be no spectators. Everyone there will either be holding a camera or driving a vehicle or providing direct support. Safety will be the first concern for everyone.

I want to get the most impressive machinery possible out, so feel free to forward or post this email wherever you like. I want to get the best cars possible out to play, so think about who might be appropriate to include. NOTE: I'm only interested in people who are comfortable driving their vehicles as they are meant to be driven. No one will be asked to do anything they don't feel confident about. But at the same time, for example, if you won't break 140mph in a 700HP car, don't bother.

email me at FullTilt(at)FullTiltLife.com if you or someone you know would be up for this.

To wrap up, I offer you this: A photo from the park next to my house here in BC.

[​IMG]

2. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    While this may have been done on purpose, the details of your early morning high speed runs are a little vauge. Where is this going to happen. I'm not looking for exact details, but two questions come to mind. Is this on a closed course or on some freeway, or ? What geographic area are you talking about, Los Angeles, San Diego, out in the boonies?

I don't have a problem driving my car fast, but if it's on public roads, the cops seem to have a problem with that, so if that's the case, I'll have to pass(at least till I'm eligible to take traffic school again) :(.

3. FullTilt

FullTilt Karting

Jun 19, 2004
    B R pm sent your way.

4. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    let me know a little about the logistics and I may run one of my cars.

5. FullTilt

FullTilt Karting

Jun 19, 2004
    PM heading your way

6. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    140 mph??? That means I am still in fourth. I like sixth.

12 cylinders or walk

7. FullTilt

FullTilt Karting

Jun 19, 2004
    Bart,

Does that mean you are up for exploring your other gears? Are you up for some fun?

PM me your information if you are.

8. cobra99

cobra99 Rookie

Oct 24, 2005
  9. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Why not skip the run and just license the footage from me? :p

10. FullTilt

FullTilt Karting

Jun 19, 2004
    Are you presently on the West Coast, Black355?

11. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    Running city streets at any time at those speeds is not my style. Rent out a local track and I would love to be in on it.

Every run on Angeles Crest and Malibu Canyon that I have ever been on, have always ended in at least one incident. Sooner or later my luck will run out and it will be me.

I am also not into ******* who get a kick out of driving at these speeds (and tail gating each other) when there are innocents (pedestirans and drivers) all over the place. The last Ferrari Driving Club event that I went on at Santa Barbara was like that. Dickheads in their 355's and 360's trying to prove they were faster on residential streets. That kind of crap pisses me off to no end...

Be safe guys.

Brad

12. FullTilt

FullTilt Karting

Jun 19, 2004
    As the people who have run with us can attest, we like a completely controlled environment too. Usually, we see no one else for miles in the place we've chosen to do our runs.

I think it would even meet your standards, Brad. If you are up for chatting with me, PM me your number and I'll give you a call and fill you in on what we're up to.

Cheers.

13. FullTilt

FullTilt Karting

Jun 19, 2004
    Cobra, Bart, Black550, Tony, etc.

I've sent out messages to all of you, but no one has come forward to run yet. I'd love to have someone from this board come out to join the fun. Anyone ready to step up yet?

Get in touch with me, guys. The ball is in your court. Several of you have sounded pretty certain about showing up, but I've not gotten commitments from anyone yet.