Anyone have a GT2? | FerrariChat

Anyone have a GT2?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by tbuff, Dec 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    I really should save my money.

But

Theres a 997 GT2 popped up for sale. I have a 997.1 TT. i am wondering how different they are. Obv gt2 faster and lighter worth it to own both? Or just keep my 09 turbo and the cash?

2. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    My call: Swap the GT2 for your turbo and drive the hell out of it!
    I bought my '08 997 GT2 CPO'ed with 5,000 miles on it about 7 years ago. I've put 35,000 miles on it in the meantime and absolutely love the car! It's basically my fair weather daily driver and makes every mundane trip an adventure. I've had it at the track with my license plate, street tires, and painter tape numbers where it chews up and spits out GT3 Cup cars. I've driven quite a few TT's and to me they are noticeably heavier in the nose and less agile than a GT2. The GT2 is a rare and special car, only 185 were brought into the US in '08 and 20 in '09. There are not many Porsche GT cars around with a turbo and a 6-speed!

Do it, you won't regret it :)

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Id sell the Turbo, esp if you dont need the AWD and rear seats. The GT2 will only increase in value (provided you dont crash or add 50.000 miles..). Turbos are easy to find should you want one again..

slm likes this.
  4. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Thanks for the feedback. I do need the AWD and the rear seats as I drive with my kids and in the winter time. This one already has a few miles on it (40,000kms?) hence the more reasonable price. It would be a driver. I would then need another DD. Hmm. Maybe I will wait a few years then. Sounds like a cool car.

OH and I already have an 09 Turbo manual, which is just as rare as the GT2. Desirable? that's another question...