Anyone have a shop to recomend for a PPI near Madison, WI? | FerrariChat

Anyone have a shop to recomend for a PPI near Madison, WI?

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by squid, Sep 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. squid

squid Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
  2. squid

squid Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Anyone?

3. JoeCab

JoeCab Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    squid likes this.
  4. squid

squid Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Thank you! They're referring me to Ferrari Lake Forest, which at 135 miles away seems like a difficult thing to convince a dealer to do.

5. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    I always deal with Owen for service at Lake Forest and he’s a great guy! Al at GT Motorsports in Pewaukee is a solid guy that does PPI’s as well and isn’t as far away as Ferrari Lake Forest.

http://gt-motorsports.net/contact.htm

squid likes this.
  6. squid

squid Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Thanks for the recomendations everyone.

Kelly Moss is busy and the selling dealer doesn't want to drive / truck to Milwaukee. Any chance of a mobile mechanic that can go there directly?

I kind of feel like this dealer is making me jump through hoops, which isn't a great sign.

7. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    When I was shopping they had a 488 (the car I wanted) in inventory. It was a nice looking car but had extremely high mileage, 18K if I remember correctly, which is a ton on a 2 year old car. Something about them just didn’t sit right with me so I moved on.

As an owner in the region Lake Forest offers complimentary pick up/delivery for me, it extends to a 500 mile radius of their dealership.

At the end of the day you’re looking at buying a car that costs more than some peoples homes in the US. The experience should be a positive one. From the outside looking in they don’t sound like they’re trying to hard to make the deal work. If it were me I’d move on.

Weren’t you toying with a buying 360 too? If so have you looked at this car from Continental?

https://chicago-continental.ferraridealers.com/en-US/a/used-ferrari/360-modena/ZFFYR51A0X0119031-1661643095905

This 360 has been on Cassandra’s lot since the week they opened and it’s two freeway exists away from GT Motorsports.

https://www.cassandramotorsports.com/used-vehicle-2004-ferrari-360-spider-c-48/

squid likes this.
  8. squid

squid Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Agreed, they definitely don't feel like they are trying to "win" the sale. Their reasoning is valid, but I'm surprised they haven't offered more of a service to help me get what is certainly a reasonable request. Lake Forest said they don't do any work for people who are not current owners, so even if I could get it there they wouldn't take the job.

I'm pretty fixated on a hardtop 355 right now, but thank you for the recomendations.

020147 likes this.
  9. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    I wish you the best on your search for your perfect 355 and hope to see you in that perfect car at an FCA event in the near future!

10. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    If it was a 360, I'd offer to do it, but I don't know the 355 platform very well. I'd recommend GT Motorsports. Perhaps you could convince Al to swing out to Madison to look at it.

squid likes this.