Anyone have info on removing the Engine cover? | FerrariChat

Anyone have info on removing the Engine cover?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by PRO SYSTEMS, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PRO SYSTEMS

PRO SYSTEMS Karting

Mar 4, 2017
    Miami, FL
    Looking to install a rear spoiler on my 570GT and looking for info on removing the rear engine cover etc... Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

2. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Can you post a pic? If it is the same as the 570s, there are just two screws beneath the two fluid caps, and you unscrew those and gently lift from the rear of the cover

3. PRO SYSTEMS

PRO SYSTEMS Karting

Mar 4, 2017
    Miami, FL
    #3 PRO SYSTEMS, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2022
  4. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Yeah, I forgot that big back window covers so much of the engine. I am honestly unsure of how to reveal more of the engine and I doubt you will be able to access much from that area in general with the window being so large above it

5. PRO SYSTEMS

PRO SYSTEMS Karting

Mar 4, 2017
    Miami, FL
    Yea I'd hate to break that window... LOL

Booker likes this.
  6. Gerry570GT

Gerry570GT Rookie

Nov 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Gerry Frost
    Hi there, did anyone manage to work out what screws/parts need to be removed? (before I start undoing loads of unnecessary screws and parts!)
    Thanks

7. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    No, as far as we can tell there is no public information on removing the GT's engine cover

8. Gerry570GT

Gerry570GT Rookie

Nov 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Gerry Frost
    ok hopefully someone will come back with some info.....its not urgent but i know one day i will have to get that back/top panel off (as well as the lower parts!) to get to the exhaust when i change the cat-back exhaust as i feel the sound should be so much better than it is.......plus i want to clean up the engine bay b4 then.......
    Hopefully someone out there knows! :)

9. Mark Block

Mark Block Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mark Block
    Hopefully the following is helpful:

I performed an oil and filter change on my GT. To get to the filter, the leather parcel shelf needs to be removed .
    Pull the black rubber trim pieces off to gain access to the retaining screws. The front of this panel is also held in place with 4 panel clips. They are released by semi gentle prying up. (May be helpful to use a plastic panel pry tool.)
    After removing this panel, underneath is a composite panel with additional fasteners that apparently need to be removed.
    I did not need to remove this panel but it appears that some of the side interior trim would also have to be removed to access some of the screws. I assume that this should give access to the engine, but can not verify since I had no need to remove.

sure you really want to get into this potential headache!!!!

if I can further be of assistance to clarify feel free to email me at [email protected]. Will also be glad to call you If u send me a phone number.