anyone here drives f-car as a daily? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

anyone here drives f-car as a daily?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by razr01, Aug 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    When I'm home, my 430 has become my almost every day driver. I do still need to rotate the other cars now and then...

With the 430 currently enjoying a stay at the 'Spa' for some clutch work, the 328 is my almost every day driver.

I still have to rotate the Exige in there now and again, though.

The Miata remains my Airport Car, for those weeks when my daily driver is a rental somewhere.

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Friends who live in Houston tell me everything rusts...except modern Fcars, they are aluminum. Should be the car of choice thereabouts. ;)

3. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    Pure propaganda. I've lived here fifty-nine years and none of my cars (properly taken care of) have fallen victim to rusted sheetmetal.

4. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    When I was living in Dubai my 360 was my daily driver, I more than doubled the mileage in less than a year.
    Now I've brought the car back to the UK I've made the decision to keep it as a weekend car, I commute 80 miles per day and the costs would kill me!

Breaks my heart leaving it on the driveway every morning though, especially when the sun's out and the temperature is perfect for a roof-off run

5. peter seow

peter seow Karting

Oct 9, 2015
    KL
    Full Name:
    Peter
    My Ferraris have always been daily Drivers. I do rotate them on a monthly basis, say I will use the car a for two months than have it stored. But during those two months it's out rain or shine.

My 911sc was my only car for three years. My 348 was daily driven for two years I couldn't afford to have two cars than and I wanted a sports car so I would buy an old one have it fully sorted while driving the other car. When it's ready I will sell the other car.

My 550 is my daily for this month and next. It's best to daily drive them. This gives you chance to get to know the and their personality in all weathers and in all conditions.

I used to use my 911 swb in winter it was hairy but it's fun. If you work it out the the f car parts are not that costly if you get one that's running well or at least semi well.

The f cars are extremely reliable if you don't mind couple of oil leaks. Some parts are interchangeable and many car parts be rebuilt.