Anyone here have a 996 GT3? | FerrariChat

Anyone here have a 996 GT3?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Chupacabra, Jun 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Lately, as Zygomatic can attest, I have become smitten with this particular horsey. Seems right up my alley - simple, no traction control, motorsport oriented but livable. I'm thinking that may very well be my next move, provided I can pry my 993 away from myself. :)

What has your experience been like if you have any to share?

rampante550 likes this.
  2. mrar

mrar Karting

Jul 23, 2014
    australia
    Great car.
    Mk1 gt3.
    Was looking at a few 996gt3rs but at the time the dealers were asking silly prices. I am glad I purchased this at less than third of the rs price. After clocking up plenty of road kms over last few years, am very happy with how it drives ( the rs would of been too brutal on the road where I live ).
    Will get it out on the track where previous owners had won club championships in the past for a run next.
    Not a big car on the road, is actually 10mm narrower than my 930.
    Jump in buy one.

Attached Files:

3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Ohhh, that's pretty, I love the color!

The look has really grown on me. I'm still not a huge fan of the general 996 look, but somehow I feel it fits the GT3. Seems like a very special car.

Any issues? I'm assuming you or a previous owner corrected the few must-dos...?

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. mrar

mrar Karting

Jul 23, 2014
    australia
    #4 mrar, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    996 look wasn't my thing either (think gt1), now I get it and love it.
    I first drove this car about five years before I bought it and thought this way too much car for the type of driving I do (all Air cooled 911's most stock some hot rodded street/track).
    Did some research and thought these cars are special.Anyway after my friend had it up for sale for a while and was having tyre kickers wasting his time, I drove car again and we did a deal.
    21 year old first paint midnight blue (except front bar cover/side skirts,cosmetic) 5 owner local car, 136k kms (first owner bought as daily drive I know the last three owners well) plenty of track time and no oil leaks.
    Easy to step out of the air cooled into the gt3 and back, they have similar dna and you can see/feel it.

Here is some info.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=485889

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=397949

5. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'll start my search for one for you :)

6. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    ...and that folks is how I ended up with a 575, haha!

zygomatic likes this.