Anyone here prefer coupe to the spyder? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone here prefer coupe to the spyder?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by bkaird1, Nov 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    The lines of a berlinetta flow better; they're sleeker.

If you compare the 308/328 GTB with the 308/328 GTS, the silhouette of the GTB is more appealing.

Same holds true with most F-cars, IMHO.

2. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I am a coupe guy as well. Always prefer the hardtop due to structual rigidity, looks, and driving characterisitics. The fact that they are usually cheaper is just an added benefit.

3. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    I love both- I miss having a sunroof in any of my cars, so I have to choose the Spider, with the top off I could care less, but again how often would I drive in bad weather? very rarely- but then again the sun beating down on you gets old real fast.

4. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    Aircon,

It's how the question was asked: "Anyone here prefer coupe to the spyder?" I am a ~HUGE~ fan of the spider/spyder/cabrio/convertible/targa/GTS/drop top/rag top/roadster/anythingelseIcanthinkofwithoutatopkindofcar!

If this thread were originally created as a poll with the question phrased this way: "Preference - coupe or spyder?" it may have solicited more votes for spyders.

And if you're still wondering, my vote is for SPYDERS. I love the look of top down cars and it's that much better if its an F-car.

Mike

5. shelbee

shelbee Guest

For fun, I like spider, gotta be F1 in a smaller and quicker car.

For comfort, I like bigger car, more powerful bigger engine and off course in coupe

6. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I think the 360 spyder with the top down looks better than the 360 coupe, however I also think that the 360 spyder looks _SO_ bad with the top up that I'd never buy one. So my vote, on the whole, is for the coupe.

Problem with spyders in general is that I've never seen one that actually looks good (or even decent) with the top up. Z3, Porsche Boxter, etc....all good top down, but idiotic with the top up. MB SL500/600 is the closest I've seen yet to "decent" ...

nlh