anyone in Iowa? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

anyone in Iowa?

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Kleos1, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    I spend 4-5 days per month in IA but never in DSM with the exception of passing thru there 2 weeks ago.

I'm always in Northeast and North Central IA.

2. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    You do that, and your F-chat membership will be promptly revoked, my friend --- LOL

That's not an "upgrade" ---- that's a sex change :)

3. Nikoskevlar

Nikoskevlar Karting

Apr 16, 2010
    Mid West
    Full Name:
    M. squire

yeah, definelty a sex change. You might finally become a man. Its probably going to be big change from the sweet 16 year old girl car you have now. A boxster, honestly? Thats like having a pink boat motor boat with sails. I mean, it works, but you wouldn't want your friends to see.

4. fivesix

fivesix Formula 3

Nov 12, 2006
    Brisbane/Toowoomba
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    i lived in rock valley for three months! Ha, this would have been great when I was there!

5. 87GTB

87GTB Rookie

Mar 5, 2009
    Iowa
    Full Name:
    Brian Davis
    Hey Guys, I live in urbandale and have an 87 328 GTB red/black...21,000 miles mint condition....Have had it 2 years..it is the car in healey werks service bay! I'm getting new door hinge pins installed (saggy doors already grrr) and an engine oil leak fixed (despite major engine service nov 2009! again grr.)...anyway I'm gonna try and be at the june 13th Saints Pub meet and greet with my ferrari...if it is done in time...Craig Hillinger (Healey Werks) is still working on my car (been there all winter!) but I hope to get it back this week or next....

Would love to connect with other ferrari tifosi around the area (des moines). My 328 GTB is my first but not last ferrari...LOVE the car (except for the maintenance!!! lol)

6. 308QVDave

308QVDave Karting

Mar 13, 2010
    87GTB-

I saw your car when I was there for the tour! It was on a lift in the service bay-they were, in fact, working on the motor the day I was there! Craig is a great guy, and that place is incredible!

I won't be able to make it to Saints on Sunday, but I believe I have drivers for my 308 and Viper, so they will be there. All of you FC guys please go up and talk to the drivers, they are into exotics as much as I am, but just haven't taken the leap yet!

7. Akram

Akram Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2009
    Clive, Iowa
    Full Name:
    Ray Salloum
    I just wanted to take a few moments to thank all the participants in the first Des Moines area Meet and Greet. Despite that terrible weather we actually had a good show. Many other Ferrari owners that did not want to drive their toys in the rain, were there to support the Ferrari and Exotic car way of life and I thank them. I wanted to also thank the others that responded via e-mail to keep them in touch for possible future events. Please e-mail me at [email protected] to be contacted for future events and tell all your Ferrari friends to do the same. Word of mouth is the best way to get a good interesting show. Once again thanks to all for a successful and fun time. Ray

8. Ferraris

Ferraris Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    anyone follow up on healeywerks?

9. cabbott2

cabbott2 Karting

Oct 27, 2014
    chicago/ Iowa
    I am in Burlington and just got an 85 GTS qv. It will be hitting the wineries in the spring!

10. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I have lived in Burlington 95% of my life and moved to Wapello to work in Muscatine a few years ago. I've got a Nero '92 348TS and a few Porsches. Let me know if you want to hang out sometime. I've always liked 308 and 328's and would like to look at one.

11. cabbott2

cabbott2 Karting

Oct 27, 2014
    chicago/ Iowa
    Definitely! Love the 348s and my kiddos play sports for West Burlington, so spent many afternoons in Wapello for baseball and softball games.

How has the 348 experience been? How long have you had it? I have come close a couple time to purchasing one.

12. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #62 Jaybird, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I really love my 348. I sold an old 911 to buy it about 4 years ago. Its fast and extremely tight handling. Its been a real good car. I still have a 911 and 928 now and while they are probably better built as far as running forever, they lack the Ferrari "feel" to me a little bit. I just finished putting it up.Thought I'd sneak one more drive in before the snow hits.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. cabbott2

cabbott2 Karting

Oct 27, 2014
    chicago/ Iowa
    You and I sound alike...I have had a Lotus Esprit, 2 Boxsters, a 911 C4 cab, 2 350Zs. Currently, my daily driver is a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 and a 91 Toyota MR2. It will be fun to get our cars together.

I have to say that I knew I would love having a Ferrari, but now I can officially say I am an addict.

14. ronmg

ronmg Karting

Oct 14, 2009
    Duh Moines
    Full Name:
    Ron Foote
    I'm in Duh Moines. I'm currently running a highly modified MGB. We have a very active SCCA chapter here and a wonderful Cars and Coffee.

Ron

15. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
  16. Lindy

Lindy Rookie

Sep 8, 2012
    I haven't had luck with Beckleys. I brought an old british car there. They looked at it and said nothing was wrong. I barely made it back home and did some research. Turns out I needed new fuel injectors.