Anyone in Phoenix AZ area and a 348 spyder HELP! | FerrariChat

Anyone in Phoenix AZ area and a 348 spyder HELP!

Discussion in '348/355' started by Polygaryd, Feb 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Polygaryd

Polygaryd Karting

May 8, 2020
    Arizona United States of America
    Full Name:
    Paco Ramirez
    I cannot get my top to go down. Anyone in the phoenix area that has or has had a 348 spyder I'd love some help. I could go to the dealer IF the car was registered and insured but it isn't and I'm not looking to do that so going to the dealer isn't an option. . I must be doing something wrong since I don't understand anything about this top.

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    If it's a technique issue try the owners.manual which I assume for for as well. Just a thought.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Stowing it involves releasing a single lever in the middle of the header, pushing the top halfway back, then lowering a handbrake-like handle located next to the driver’s seat. This causes the structure to descend neatly into a small space behind the seats with a simultaneous collapsing of the fabric buttresses—like little circus tents having their poles pulled out. The top does not compress completely below the rear deck’s surface, so snapping on the padded cover is needed to tidy the appearance.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. S-T48

S-T48 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
    The elastic straps may have gone bad. There is a bar right above the driver’s head that may need to be pushed back manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  6. Polygaryd

Polygaryd Karting

May 8, 2020
    Arizona United States of America
    Full Name:
    Paco Ramirez
    I was just trying to see if I could get someone locally to show me how its done (so I don't ruin anything worse) vs bother you guys more in the window issues thread. Didn't even think to link it since its the wrong thread for it not that the info in that thread wasn't helpful or anything.

The manual instructions are less than helpful. The picture did help a little though since I was able to figure it out between the pic and the info given about the bar that has the worn elastics in the other thread that you linked to. It was definitely tricky compared to say my e36 m3 and any other convertible I've ever used.

Its not smooth I think the bushings being worn where the rivets are holding the bars together causes this top to be difficult because it doesn't fold correctly even when pushed back decently hard. Not to hard to where the bars would bend though. You have to manipulate it to fold a certain way (which i feel it should do itself but it like binds instead) before you release the lever, not knowing it wasn't folded enough was the hold up. The pic showed me how folded it was supposed to be before releasing the lever down near the drivers door and that got me trying different things to get it to fold more and eventually to stow properly.