Anyone in Pittsburgh, PA available to check out a 360 for me? | FerrariChat

Anyone in Pittsburgh, PA available to check out a 360 for me?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by BSU, Feb 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    Thanks in advance.

James

2. skelly

skelly Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2011
    I can help. Where is the car located?

Sean

3. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I'm game. Where is it?

4. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    Thanks guys. It is at Autopalace.

Also, any suggestions for who could do a PPI?

5. jnk

jnk Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2010
    try Dan Fowler at 412-213-3276. He worked at Auto Palace in its heyday when Elvidio Grande owned the place and Ferrari's and Lamborghini's were the only things that were worked on. He takes care of all of my vintage Ferrari's Dino's, Daytona, 330, and Maserati's.
    He is very knowledgable and will give you an honest appraisal .
    He has his own shop now on route 8 in Glenshaw. The name is Fast Cars.

6. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I think I remember this car. In very nice shape as I recall.

7. skelly

skelly Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2011
    I went and looked at the car on Saturday. It's very nice, but not flawless.

jnk, I'd love to hear more about the history of Ferraris in Pittsburgh. My 328's PO had a 330 GTC in Shadyside. When I was going through all old documents that came with my car, I found his research from the 70's when he chose the 330 over several similarly-priced 250s. It seems like there were a lot of these cars around at some point.

BSU, I sent a PM.

8. jnk

jnk Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2010
    Pittsburgh and the surrounding area has a very large body of well maintained collections. The Auto Palace was owned by Elvideo Grande and his brother Mario. They would deal with the main importers ( Chinetti ect..) and bring in the cars. They would also go directly to Italy and bring back cars. They were experts in Ferrari, Maserati, and Lamborghini. They had a great business and everyone who owned one of these marks would bring them there for service.
    Elvideo would go a couple of times a year to Italy, and all you had to do was tell him what you wanted and he would get it. His mechanics skills were legendary. Very old school. When you drove in to the garage he could tell you the problem by the sound of the engine.
    I still see him occasionally and despite his 80 plus years and almost impossible to understand accent still is actively helping out old customers.

375+ likes this.
  9. Allen Brown

Allen Brown Rookie

Sep 21, 2009
    This forum is an amazing source of information.

I am trying to locate Elvidio Grande, in the hope that he might remember a car he had many many years ago. He'd be 86 now, but I'm hoping he's still alive and well.

jnk - are you still in touch with him?

Many thanks
    Allen Brown
    OldRacingCars.com

10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    PM sent.