Anyone in Tel Aviv? Need advice | FerrariChat

Anyone in Tel Aviv? Need advice

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by sixcarbs, Jul 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Hello,

I am going to Tel Aviv next month with my girlfriend. I am not worried, but she is nervous because of the latest news.

Would you have any concerns about travel to Tel Aviv, and what can I tell her to ease her concerns?

Thanks,

Sixcarbs

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Everyone in Israel is concerned, but it does not stop them from living their lives.

You have to make your own decision.

3. fullmonty

fullmonty Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2007
    LALAland
    Full Name:
    Mel
    A lot can happen during a few weeks, right now there appears to be an escalation of rockets fired into central Israel, and a increasing probability of ground troop incursion into Gaza. Life goes on as best as possible, if the situation escalates over the next weeks a casual relaxing vacation may be difficult when the national vibe is tense/anxious. Be realistic about entering into a conflict zone. I hope things stabilize quickly, but this is my two shekels worth of advice.

4. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    We are fine here. It depends where you want to travel. I would wait and see what things look like a week or two before you plan to come. If things escalate, probably not a great idea to come.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I was going to go to Israel this August but decided against it considering what is happening. Not only rockets but also threats of Hamas to resume suicide bombings at coffee shops, buses etc.

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    My wife and one of our kids are both currently visiting family all over Israel. Almost every building has a bomb shelter. If the air-raid siren is sounding, you can always find a safe place inside a purpose-built shelter. It is pretty remote chance, if you are traveling in a car. All apartments and homes have a bomb room :D

If you want, PM me and I will give you some good suggestions on where to eat - all over the country.

7. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Thanks Everyone.

My girl is too freaked out and refuses to go. I said wait and see, and she said, "Wait to die?" Had to make other plans today.

Without getting poilitical here I actually think this latest episode may be over before the end of the month. I personally would have gone no matter what.

Sixcarbs

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    that sucks. I've been to Tel Aviv a few times and it's lovely. People are incredibly friendly.

Maybe at a later date when things have relaxed a little you can convince your GF to go with you :). I'm definitely heading back there!

9. fullmonty

fullmonty Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2007
    LALAland
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Do not be too hard on yourself, compromise is part of establishing a good relationship. Israel WILL be there, when you visit, you both will have a great opportunity to experience a truly unique country with all it's flavors.