Anyone in the market for a blue 328? :) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone in the market for a blue 328? :)

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Chiaro_Slag, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Are you and SLAG the same person?
    I am confused.

2. Sugars_328

Sugars_328 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    lol - that is my wife - I am on her computer now. :)

she is the one who posted beautiful car above. :)

3. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Yeah I was confused by the "beautiful car" comment though your car IS stunning! And then the same person wanted to meet at CC. I was thinking
    "wait a minute, I am not talking to you, but I am talking to Jerry"

LMAO :D

Anyways, school gets out May22, I will certainly come down after that. Thank you once again. :) Certainly generous of you.

4. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well, Slag, your car is perfect for my collection but the timing sucks as I just got my better half a Boxster S (see my profile for my blue 380SL Euro and ocean blue Boxster) so can't help you out right now. Maybe I'll get lucky and the next caretaker will be SoCal as well and want to shift it when my car-buying kitty is full again. Gorgeous car and I love the interior. Hope to actually make it out to a GTG sometime although will be in the P-car for a while but would love to see it in the metal.

Cheers, Kevin

5. Sugars_328

Sugars_328 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hi Kevin-

Funny, I sold a boxster to get this car - It wasn't an S though - Probably why I didn't like it so much. :) (yep) I'm still on the wife's computer playing lots of poker.

6. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I bought her the Benz as consolation for coming back to LA from Sydney but its too nice for her to drive every day so its mine now (!) We've had the Porker for only about a week and a half and she absolutely loves it. Good thing is I now have the official green light to get the Ferrari she has been hearing about for the last thirteen years...just need the bux!!

Cheers
    Kevin

7. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Jerry -
    Selling that beautiful piece of artwork of yours? NO!!! That's such a nice 328! :) OH wait, that means you and I might also be bidding on the same cars on ebay! haha... j/k.

Cool... I'll keep my eyes open. If I know of someone that will give you what you're asking, I'll let you know.

What kind of car are YOU in the market for?

Byron

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Byron - I'm not sure exactly what car I want next - Just keeping my eyes open. :)

9. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Jerry, I can picture you in a dark blue 355 GTS...

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #35 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Jerry,

Curious. Are you into the restoration aspect? Are you going to seek car needing TLC and make a project out of it (and flip it) or go far a newer/near perfect F-car? Judging by your "Before-after" pics, it looks as though you enjoyed doing it. :)

DL

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hi Darth-

No, I really bought the 328 as an introduction to the F-Car world. When I got the car, I just wanted the interior perfect, thus all the work.

Now that I know I love these cars with such a passion, I'm ready to updgrade. :)

13. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Unfortunately I doubt you'll get anywhere near what you've put into it. The 328 market is soft with 355s dropping (as are 348s, and older 360 coupes). I wouldn't count on getting anymore than near what you paid for the car, the services you won't recoup.

However, not trying to discourage you, and I hope you do get what you put into it.

But I'd suggest enjoying your car for another year. It's a very nice car, uncommon color combo, and this time next year cars will move a little more down the price scale.

you got a great car, enjoy it a little longer :)

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Totally disagree. A car with a nice interior and freshly done 30k service and clutch is definitely worth a premium.

Given the choice, would you buy a 328 with 30k done or still needed attention?

Would you buy one with 17 year old interior or brand new?

Of course some of the costs will be recouped, but not all.

I know a few people that have recently bought 328's - All over 50K. Some were nicer than mine, but certainly not 13K better!

The market is what it is - I don't have to sell, so if I don't get what I want, I just drive it - No worries. I'm not even advertising anywhere at this point, just trying to gauge the interest.

15. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Jerry,

Heck your car looks great..My wife thinks your blue looks more unique compared to all the red ones out there... (Mine included)

But even after three months of ownership, I'm having the same temptations... A 355 Spyder would be a nice addition in my book...

Put it on Ebay AFTER "TAX TIME" and test the waters just before summer....!!

Some kid out there needs a graduation present from dad !!!!

Hang in there bud...
    Patrick

(8 on Ebay at the moment, only two 86's sold, 33.6K & 35K Tax time hurts! )

16. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian

$50k + 328s are rare, and it's usually the newer models, i.e. '88 1/2s and '89s. Again, asking and selling price are two different things, and it's hard to accurately gauge what a car will ultimately sell for.

I do think 30k and redone interior is worth a premium, but compared to what? We could debate semantics all day long with comparable cars.

In no way am I saying your car isn't worth it, nor am I suggesting you won't get what you want. But I don't know of too many 328s that sell for that price range unless it's a 5000 mile red/tan late model example. Even then the market is a lot smaller, since potential buyers would spring for a 348/355.

If you wanna gauge interest, why not stick it in FML? The listing is free.

17. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2463794846&category=6212

Unless your going to list it, your not going to get the "gotta have it no matter what" buyer... so I think you should. Advertising a high price is going to turn away potential buyers, better to stick firm to a price rather than shoot the moon. People will be too busy going, "How much?" or "What?" when you want them thinking, "Thats a little high but reasonable" and get the hook in.

Sunny

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree - But that is not what I'm hoping for! lol

If 40k is the best I could do, it aint going anywhere! Just wouldn't make sense for me.

Before I list it, I need to decide if I really want to sell it, thus I'm still just gauging if there is any interest.

I do know that if one of you out there were selling your car, I would wish you luck, not discourage you.

19. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I wasn't trying to discourage you. Trying to give you a realistic perspective. You don't want people getting you all hyped up 'yeah it's worth $50k' or 'I'd buy it if I had the money...' only to find out that the "real" market doesn't reflect your expectations or what people told you. I think we're all friends here, hence why I'm giving you my honest opinion rather than BS you.

The only reason why I posted my comments was you've had your car for a very short period of time, you've put a lot of work into it, and you've put a lot of money and effort into it. My point? Keep it and enjoy it for a while longer. Put another 10k miles on it, drive it a few more places, etc. so if you really find something you have to have, and you can't get what you want for your 328, at least you got a considerable amount of enjoyment out of it.

I did exactly what you did with my first Ferrari, put a lot of money into it only to sell at an incredible loss 10 months later. It still kills me I did it, and thus want to help another avoid the same regrets. Maybe you won't have them, maybe you will.

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  21. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Someone named Jerry :D

22. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Jerry,
    You have a great looking car with all the services done including a clutch. I think it would an ideal car for someone to buy that is just getting started in the Ferrari world. The biggest fear that we see on this board is from people being afraid of service costs. With your car that shouldn't be a concern for a guy that goes "all in" without a reserve for hidden service disasters. Your car would make a great car for a guy to buy his wife and not have to worry about haveing On Star because she is stuck some where.
    At the price you are looking for it is still cheaper than a new Corvette with a lot more style.

Put it up for sale and let the right guy or gal enjoy it,
    My .02
    Rick

23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Jerry, stop worrying about all these CHEAP E-Bay cars. A lot of them have stories and many trade between dealers. People will pay for a unique, well taken care of example. Just stay away from the Curb Hoppers and the Dim Wits that are trying to "steal" your car.

24. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree - Comparing it to an unknown ebay car is not worthwhile. The 328's I have seen are very nice & the price paid for that was also appropriate (50-55K). Yes 355's are dropping - But it's still a big price difference - I know, because that is what I would like to get, but I can't quite afford the leap. I mean 70-80k for a good one - Why compare a 45-50k car to that??

Thanks Rick also for the kind words.

Thinking about it though, I still can't figure out if selling the car is the right thing to do - I lost about 14k (incl tax) on a Boxster I bought new before the 328. I only had it 14 months. I think my pattern is always wanting something better - I think I just need to CHILL. :)