Anyone know of a P47 around? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone know of a P47 around?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by racedecknc, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    The SR-71 at Robbins AFB Museum (tail #64-17958) is in fact real. A good number of parts are removed/replaced when the planes are demiled for museum duty.

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I just saw a non flying P47 as the decor at a theme restaurant at the airport in Oakland CA I believe, or maybe it was Fort Lauderdale, I guess I travel too much :)

You could try the Sikorsky Air Museum in Bridgeport CT, How about Aces restaurant in Sacramento, maybe they know

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I was told it was real too, but recon proved some panels were replaced with cardboard painted black...

I was there thanksgiving weekend 2002 freezing my radar cone off. A little 'tap' 'tap' tap' revealed a loose panel and my suspicions. Perhaps a good percentage is real, but I remember the Habu/Blackbirds they showed me to get my John Hancock at the academy was a bit more solid.

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I thinks thats about normal. It seems to be mostly belly panels in the front half of the aircraft. This one had a bunch of black painted plastic panels.

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I expect a $12m repair bill for damaging the SR71 :(