anyone know this car? ZFFJB54A880161367 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

anyone know this car? ZFFJB54A880161367

Discussion in '612/599' started by mibi, Oct 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if everyone is going to get PMed the price can you just post it up? sounds like its going to be a great buy!
    :)

2. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    Congrats! BTW, even if he paid full asking price, he got a heck of a deal on a mint '08. Hope you enjoy it!

3. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    #28 MoeD, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Moe- Who pulled the option list off MODIS for you? Handy friend to have. They can also print a build sheet, which has a bit more information like Assembly Number.

5. mibi

mibi Karting

Apr 20, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Michael
    moe
    thanks. after reading all the things about exhaust, HGTx, etc, and spending hours browsing, none of the OTOs seem to have double walled exhaust tips. most OTO owners state the exhaust however sounds like the HGT2 system so who knows. Also, , terry correct me if I am wrong, but I think the OTO all came with the upgraded suspension ( built in to the price )- and that the HTCx wasn't really an option; though I suspect for a period of time as they were transitioning to the new car, the dealer computers were not UTD and that may have caused some confusion.
    He was very firm on price, and it was the exact color combo I wanted, especially the cuoio, and dash leather isn't shrunk like so many, so lets just say I got it for a little less than asking price. the roof, dual plate upgraded transmission were worth it, and "reportedly" there was a buyer who wanted to trade in a CL65 but the 612 was being brokered/consigned, not owned by the dealer, so that would have meant dealer coughing up cash to buy the Benz. I am very happy.
    When I told my wife I might buy it, her response was "well, if you don't, then you need to stop looking at ferraris, because this has everything you wanted and a fair price." she encouraged me to buy it. and all servicing done by just 2 ferrari dealer and just 2 owners. all keys, cover, charger, papers, and even the Code card- gotta love that. Now I want a california too!

6. alonsomassa79

alonsomassa79 Karting

Jun 24, 2013
    WV
    Full Name:
    vignesh
    Congrats. Beautiful car..Happy Motoring!

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #32 ttforcefed, Oct 30, 2013
  8. mibi

mibi Karting

Apr 20, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Michael
    nice build ttforcefed. do your muffler tips have the dual walled construction of the earlier HGTx cars?

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    weird I have the 20 inch challenge wheels but they don't show up as on option.

pretty sure my tips look like the ones in post 12.

if someone posts a pic of the different styles I can say for sure. unfort the car is at my other house right now.

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    or the wheels just became standard on 09 OTOs, that's probably it

11. mibi

mibi Karting

Apr 20, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Michael
    agree..i think much of the may-aug 2008 cars ( mine was build may 2008) suffer from "ordering software" transition updates,training,both at dealer and within Ferrari. all the OTOs , including 2008 had those wheels I thought. In any case, if anyone else with their window stickers would like to post like TTforcefed, it would add more knowledge and understanding , as well as timing of things.

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    heres a link to an add for a 2010...looks like it says 19 in rims even on this on the left...then on the right it says 6k for ball polished challenge rims...im sure I probably paid twice for mine somehow!
    Additional Photos for Item 1837394

13. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Nice car mibi - congrats!

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Options on all the 612s with the F133H engine, OTO and earlier, to sometime in 07, not sure when, had about the same option list, including HGT2. Only difference was CCMs were not standard until the OTO. HGT2 was never incorporated into the base OTO as is shown by the window sticker for TT's OTO.

Seems like Don's early OTO had the dual wall tailpipe and no HGT2, so if TT and Michael will post photos of their tailpipes, maybe we can match them with the option list. Not sure what they look like.

Carb- That is 159865.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    can someone post a pic of the newer pipe? from what i can tell i like the older ones

16. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I think all the OTO's had double wall tips- They were part of HGT2 & I think all OTO's had HGT2

Correct me if I'm wrong

Terry- a friend pulled the sheet for me, but I shouldn't mention who online

Do u want me to ask for build sheet? I think the info here at least shows how the car was outfitted which easily clears up the ad description that was off base

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Moe- If you look at TT's OTO window sticker above, HGT2 was an option on OTOs. Don's OTO was not an HGT2 and had the double wall tailpipe, so I wonder what the HGT2 tailpipe looks like? Probably like 161367's photos.

18. mibi

mibi Karting

Apr 20, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Still a bit confusing, but maybe thats just status quo, even with late model Ferrari. The pics of my car 161367 don't look like the double wall, and broker said FNA said it had HGT, but modis doesn't show HGT. Further, looking at web, some OTO say 20" wheels on sticker, some do not, whereas they all had it. Is it possible early OTO all had HGT and therefore not an option, but later Ferrari made it optional?

Its not very uniform.

And part of the problem may be that mine is may 2008 build (early OTO). possibly transitional and evolving options list.

Ill post pics when I get it and see if I can get more info from original dealer that sold the car.

If Moe can get the build sheet, that info combined with the Modis, pics, my review of the car, and maybe some info from FOA ( who sold car initially) should help sort things out.

I am also going to try to collect window stickers as they show up for the 612 and see if there is any pattern.

Michael

19. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    + 1
    Noticed and had been following it on Ebay.
    Well bought, and ENJOY!

20. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    No, it's not. HGT was definitely an option, as was made very clear to me in the ordering process. It consisted of different wheels, slightly different suspension, and the sport exhaust.

I didn't order it because I didn't really like the HGT wheels, and I didn't want a louder exhaust.

Standard wheels for the OTO were 19 inch. I have the document from FNA which says this. And, in fact, my car has the standard wheels-- I like the look of them, and they are easy to clean.

Congratulations on your car-- looks beautiful!

21. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    my UK OTO has no handling pack nor double walled exhaust but it does have the ball polished challenge wheels.

22. mibi

mibi Karting

Apr 20, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Donv and haroonok. Thx so much. I think issue is resolved. If u read OTO info on fchat Flife etc there is a lot of info that is not factual but all of you who have contributed have cleared it up. M. Can't wait to get car.

23. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I think the OTO is just that- One to One

You could sit with rep & order the car exactly as you wanted, and this accounts for many of the inconsistencies that have been brought to light here

Remember that Ferrari is a small manufacturer and 612 was a smaller model line for them making evolutionary changes quite regular- and these changes are not always reflected consistently on window stickers as well

I think early OTO's may have used HGT and only as an option, while later ones had HGT2 as either optional or perhaps later standard

In any event, you now know what you have and you know you did quite well. I wish you very much luck and this whole discussion is really an example of how nice this place is when everybody chimes in to assist each other.

I know I've been helped so much by everyone on here and I was happy to be able to put my 2 cents in for someone else... :)

24. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    #49 AndrewJM, Nov 1, 2013
  25. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Great car! Post some pictures - you did get it?