Anyone know why my montblanc cartridge pen always blocked? | FerrariChat

Anyone know why my montblanc cartridge pen always blocked?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by craze, Nov 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I got a pen as a gift, it has ink cartridges, even cleaned in water and new ink, squeeze the ink and it flows and works, then few hours later go to use it and wont work

Do i need to squeeze the ink before I use it each time?
    Thanks

2. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Montblanc makes stunning pens. Please give us a picture of yours. The size of the Nib (point of pen) and how frequently you use it can impact on this. Fine Nib can keep from drying longer...I don't remember if my Medium or Bold Nibs dried out faster than each other. But when using it continuously (like they were in the olden days) they are like butter. It takes a while for a Nib to break in, so if the pen is new, or just new to you, try writing with it a lot. My first Montblanc was a Solitaire Doue with a broad nib...the ink flowed like paint and it was heaven to write. I wrote the whole first draft to a screenplay with it. The Doue meant I could use it with carts or with the pump system. Are the cartridges Montblanc or an after market? I had several that used cartridges. Just signing a check now and then isn't enough to keep the Nib from drying out sooner than later. Ironically the best pen (in my experience) for taking weeks and weeks to dry out is a cheap little pen from Germany, the Kaweco Sport...simple brass Nib...about $25 on Amazon. Short and easy to tuck into your pants or jacket pocket. Nothing fancy about it. But their cartridges I think suck and so I buy the Montblanc carts for it. Good luck.