Anyone managed to connect and Ipod to a Gallardo stereo ? | FerrariChat

Anyone managed to connect and Ipod to a Gallardo stereo ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by basher, Aug 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. basher

basher Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Full Name:
    Fraser B
    Has anyone managed to hard-wire an iPOD in to the stereo yet ? Its basically an Audi A8 stereo no ?

2. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    You'll probably get more response on the Lambo section of the site or over on **********.com

3. Radders

Radders Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    yes it can be done, two different ways of it working depending on the year of your car. if you have the later fiber optic satnav kit then it is excellent with full on screen menu's etc. If you have the earlier satnav system then just your play lists can be selected, track forward and back.

if you don’t have the satnav systems then i think you can still connect but the controls for the cd multichanger are used to control the tracks etc.

all the above requires special aftermarket wiring loom.

4. martinp

martinp Karting

Jan 11, 2005
    Nr Ludlow, Shrops UK
    Full Name:
    Martin Phillips
  5. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    Because FM radio is pants quality compared with wiring it in and you cant control the iPod from your stereos controls.

Search on DENSION in Google and you should be able to find an adapter given the Gallardo's Audi heritage - I have one in my Audi, iPod is hidden away and all the important controls are via the in dash stereo.

6. basher

basher Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Full Name:
    Fraser B
    Thanks chaps !! Want to wire it in but will do it later on when i get my origin and speed kit all wired into the car....

7. 15hn

15hn Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    HN
    Ok what product would you use to get this functionality? Is it Dension's Gateway 500? I have a new car but have been told that due to the software the nav unit is running it will not work. Apparently this is the difference between the Audi and Lambo units. The best they can do is to connect the ipod as a CD changer giving just track forward/backward functionality.