488 - Anyone successful using a Blendmount on a 488? | FerrariChat

488 Anyone successful using a Blendmount on a 488?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DiamondDog, Sep 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Anyone successful using a Blendmount on a 488 to mount a Dashcam or radar detector?

If so, I would really appreciate a photo of it mounted to the back of your rear view mirror

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Had a mirror mount on my 458 for a Uniden R7 and dash cam. Took a hard dip at speed, and the whole rear view mirror fell off the windshield with the detector and dashcam. Took it to the dealer for repair and the service manager said it was a common problem that he has seen. I now use a suction cup mount.

3. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    There is no Blendmount that fits the 488. I tried and worked with them to make it work. Fit wasn't right -- seems mirror stem is just too short.

4. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    What did you end up using ? Blend mount has been in 7 of my cars. So bummed about this

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
  6. rw99

rw99 Karting

Jan 1, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rich
    It seems there’s more than one mirror stem on 488 GTB, so YMMV. Mine is a 2016 coupe, and Blendmount were able to put together a mount that worked for my Uniden R3. They did this for my installer a couple months ago, so it shouldn’t be a problem for them to build another… if you have the same mirror stem as mine. Give them a call, and good luck!

Attached Files:

Thecadster likes this.
  7. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    I hate to admit that I'm just using the Valentine's suction cups! Had the connection soldered to wires in overhead unit. Been fine and secure.

8. JanStuart

JanStuart Karting

Mar 20, 2019
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jan Sirota
    Automods in Sarasota FL fashioned a mount for my Valentine 1 for the F8. works great