ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY | Page 10 | FerrariChat

ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Yellow Compass, Oct 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrjwz

mrjwz Rookie

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Kelvin C
    Had a great experience buying a mint 355 from Mike, this is definitely not my last one from him!

ddrewesusa and whatheheck like this.
  2. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Another satisfied customer!

Great job Mike!

Keep up the great work Mike!

Dan L.

ddrewesusa likes this.
  3. Gordon G

Gordon G Rookie

Jul 2, 2019
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Gordon Geissler
    I'm going to join the bandwagon and say I am now a proud member of the Mike Fan Club. I've been dreaming of a Ferrari for decades, saving/investing for years and looking for months. Trying to build my knowledge and understanding of what is involved in purchasing and owning a supercar(to include lurking on F-Chat for years). Back in January when I was finally ready I gave Mike a call and we discussed the details on what I was looking for. I specifically remember telling him "I want want everyone else wants.... a 2013 or later Rosso Corsa 458 Spider, tan interior, less than 10k miles". Considering I had been keeping an eye out for a vehicle like this for months I wasn't expecting an enthusiastic response but he surprised me with a confident...'Not a problem... let me see what I can do'.

I literally wasn't expecting much but Mike was engaged and energized. Frequently sending me updates and answering all my lame questions. At best I figured it would be 6 months, but was actually planning for a year before the vehicle which met some of my specs popped up. Imagine my surprise when, 2 months after my first talk with Mike, he sent me pics of a car that was P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Better than perfect, it was a dream. It had everything I wanted and more. The car wasn't for sale or listed anywhere, just a friend of a friend of Mike. Mike sent me the pics on Tuesday night, I flew up on Thursday, looked at the car on Friday and made the deal that afternoon. The actual sales transaction was easy and quick. No issues and a week later the car was sitting in my garage.

Beware, Mike has a large personality but it's who he is and serves him well in this environment and with these cars. Mike was/is a great resource and helped me find a very particular needle in a very large and competitive haystack. But ultimately he's much more; he's a friend who helped me attain a dream I've had for 30+ years.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

DrewH, Lunch Bag, FrancisK and 5 others like this.
  4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Beautiful car!
    Congrats Gordon!
    Enjoy!

Another great job Mike!
    Keep up the great work buddy!

Dan L.

5. dougnshari

dougnshari Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Derby, KS. 67037
    Full Name:
    Doug Kennedy
    Mike is the MAN!!!

6. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    Brother Mike is straight up one the coolest guys I've ever spoken with! The perfect guy to guide a noob like me, or a long time owner, through this process.

7. qwkslvrnsx

qwkslvrnsx Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2014
    Virginia
    A couple months ago, I started searching for my dream car, my first Ferrari! I narrowed it down to a gated 360 Modena, as to me it is the perfect blend of modern analog, drivability & reliability. As you all know, gated 360's are becoming extinct and so within this short span of time, 360 prices went from relatively affordable to unobtainable- fast!!! I came very close to securing my perfectly spec'd 360 twice, but both deals fell thru. My perfect 360 eluded me, I was resigned to the fact that my dream car, was just a dream : (

Then I remembered seeing Mike's/ Yellow Compass listing here. But scrolling thru the posts, he had retracted it- NOOOO!!! Argh, the 360 was just not meant to be... A little dejected, I decided to just to go ahead and call Mike anyway. I figured it wouldn't hurt to put my name out there for future consideration. After a brief intro and exchange of niceties with a man who sounded like Tony Soprano, LOL, Mike told me he would give me call back should the 360 be for sale again. I was little skeptical and thought to myself, fat chance I'd ever hear back!

... That was Monday, by Friday I got a call from a NJ area code- it was Tony, I mean Mike!!! After a small, short negotiation (if you call it that); Mike basically asked me how much less than his asking I wanted pay, I gave him my number, he said deal! Literally by the following Thursday, a private enclosed (single trailer) was pulling up to my driveway with a bright, shiny Rosso 360 in it!!!

Long story short, Mike made me feel like I was buying my dream car from his own collection, from a friend and fellow (Ferrari) enthusiast. That being said, Mike knows a thing or two about Ferrari's. There was no pressure and the 360 showed up better than described, more complete and better optioned than as listed! I can honestly say and echo everyone else's opinion of Mike/ YC, this was 100% positive experience. I have not only gained my first Ferrari, but a friendship with a fellow Tifosi along the way! I would not hesitate to deal and entrust Mike if you are thinking about a Ferrari purchase.

P.S. his partner Kevin was also instrumental and great too!

Happy motoring,
    Eddie D., NoVA

Andviv likes this.
  8. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    Now that my car search is over, I just wanted to once again say that Mike is 1,000% awesome!! He not only unearthed 1, but 2 unicorn low-mileage cars for me. Sadly they were out of my budget, and had to go with some more miles. If you're in the market, you'll be amazed at what he'll bird dog for you!!

9. AWK166

AWK166 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Andrew King
    My new purchase through Mike just arrived and it's exactly as described with my expectations managed perfectly.
    I'm a seasoned buyer and it was a revelation his knowledge base and connections.
    Quality product, simple process and the most fun I've had in ages.
    No drama, no gotchas just exactly as described. Highly recommended!

10. fetep

fetep Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 14, 2021
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Pete F
    I am the latest member of the Mike Fan Club. I've been planning a 458 for a bit, and gave Mike a call earlier this year when I was ready to buy. I had a whole spreadsheet of what's on the market, what options I want/don't want -- but I was still indecisive (coupe or spider?). Talking to Mike helped me solidify what I'm looking for and what options I care (and don't care) about. Mike put up with all of my questions and distractions looking at other auctions/listings. Mike kept me on target, and encouraged me to wait for the right car - I'm glad I did!

Within a couple weeks of hearing about the car, we had a PPI complete and the car arrived on an enclosed trailer. I ended up with a 2013 458 Spider in Grigio Ferro - great spec, low miles, the car is a total dream. It never even went on the market! I'm glad I got the chance to do business with Mike and have access to him and his amazing Ferrari network. Mike's just one of those guys you instantly trust and get along with. Glad to have made the connection and I will definitely call Mike for my next Ferrari transaction.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. EncinoTom

EncinoTom Rookie

Apr 29, 2022
    Full Name:
    Thomas N Sprague
    I just purchased a 2018 488 Spider from Mike. I have had a Ferrari California for six years and I was at my mechanic in Los Angeles and told him if he heard of a 488 Spider on the market please let me know. He told me about Mike and I reached out to him. He had my dream car in no time. It was the exact color exterior and interior with all the options I wanted. The challenge was, I was in Los Angeles and the car was on the east coast. I had never purchased a car without seeing it (or driving it). This was a dilemma for me. Mike was telling me the car was amazing but I am a control freak and this took me out of my comfort zone. My mechanic, who I trust implicitly, told me I can go with Mike’s word. If Mike says it’s great, then it’s great he said. I took a leap of faith and sent my money to a guy I didn’t know (crazy, right!). My car showed up at my house a week later. IT WAS AMAZING!! It was better than I could have imagined! I am a life-long fan of Mike Berman now!

12. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    Congrats and ENJOY !!!! Now to work on that PPL training !

ScottS likes this.
  13. Fred Flinstone

Jul 26, 2020
    This was the very first "pre-loved" exotic vehicle that I had ever acquired, so it stands to reason that I was a little anxious. Mike is an excellent person to work with because he is considerate and professional. He is well-informed, and enthusiastic about the brand. Thanks, Mike for helping.

14. The Scofflaw

The Scofflaw Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2020
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Brent
    Add another member to the Mike/Yellow Compass fan club.

Coming from the Porsche world I've always had the idea of a Ferrari in the back of my head. I joined FChat a few years ago just to look around and occasionally check in. I noticed Mike's ads and his particular "style" but didn't think too much about it.

I recently decided to jump in and try to find the right Ferrari for me. Checked all the usual websites and searched around for something that fit what I was hoping to get. As I'm sure many folks here have dealt with, the number of vehicles available is low and a lot of them have stories. I decided to reach out to Mike about the TDF blue F430 Spider he had listed. He was up front, available for questions, and generally excited.

I get it, some people will be put off by the way he talks or the general style of his postings. What I can tell you is that he has been even more helpful after the purchase and has always answered the phone. That isn't something I can say for a lot of other people in a lot of other industries. Mike made the purchase and follow up fun and I won't hesitate to purchase from him again.

Red 27, ddrewesusa and G8TD like this.
  15. Jpacione

Jpacione Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2014
    I’ve read most of this thread, and was pretty impressed by all of the praise given to Mike. So a week ago when I was contemplating selling my 812SF, I decided to call Mike - had never communicated with him before. I was just looking to understand pricing, to help me decide whether to sell. Long story short, Mike is one of those people that is just a good human. He is genuine, very knowledgeable, and cares about relationships. Not only did he give me the information I asked for in less than an hour’s time, he called me back and I had a deal done in that same hour. I’ve bought and sold A LOT of cars over the years, but this was hands down the easiest transaction I’ve ever had. Funds were wired the next day. Not to mention, I think I’ve made a new high quality friend. I don’t often post, but when I do, it means I feel strongly. I can’t recommend Mike enough. THANK YOU, brother!

FERRARI-TECH, G8TD and ddrewesusa like this.
  16. Brian Beggs

Brian Beggs Rookie

Aug 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian R Beggs
    I will say this Mike is the expert! I wanted to u unload my 458. I had multiple calls with him and he did exactly what he said he would do. No high pressure sales tactics just a good solid transaction. He asked what I waned out of the car and we agreed upon the price. He got exactly that and the entire process was as smooth as it could be. I could not recommend a better guy to help sale or purchase your dream car! Use him as the expert in this space!

17. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    curious, was a ppi done prior to sale? The guy can't vouch for a car he's never seen, right?

18. Brian Beggs

Brian Beggs Rookie

Aug 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian R Beggs
    Mike was involved in the sale of the car when I purchased it 2 years ago. He knew the car very well and he had all copies of service records from Ferrari NJ when I bought it and Blackhorse here in Kanas. We did multiple videos of the car before he acquired it. Once again, couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction. The money was in my account before he had signed title or picked the car up.

ddrewesusa and BJK like this.
  19. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA and Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    #244 dweintra, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    I just completed my second seamless transaction with Mike! Several years ago, he found me an exceptional F430 for a fair price, but I decided to move to a 458 and called him recently. Within weeks the car was sold at a fair price, and it could not have been any easier. Today the transporter arrived at my house and picked up the F430. I was only in town for a few days between trips, and the logistics were perfect. The transporter is a regular for Mike, and the nicest I have ever met. The money has been in my account for almost a week and I had no concerns whatsoever about the sale. Mike knows the Ferrari market and obviously has a vast network of people all over the US who trust him. Now I just need Mike to find me the perfect 458 Italia so we can work together on a third transaction:). Thanks Mike!

20. pampalini23

pampalini23 Rookie

May 25, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Vick
    I just completed my first seamless transaction with Mike /see the post above for clues Haha /. I've never purchased a car sight unseen. Purchasing any car and especially a Ferrari unseen through somebody you just called from a listing is always nerve wracking. I went against everything I've ever learnt in my life and boy, am I glad I did?! Mike is unbelievable. I've no idea how he does it and how he knows so much about the cars he helps to negotiate between buyer - seller if he's not even there to see the cars. It all felt to me like I was buying a car from his personal collection /yes, he has that much knowledge of the cars/. When I'd questions for the seller, he got the answers right away. No, it wasn't an hour, 30 minutes, 10 minutes, not even 5 minutes. It was right away. This was the easiest transaction I've ever had buying a car. And trust me, I'd many cars during my life. Mike event took care of the transport from WA to CA and got me in touch with a Ferrari mechanic who's as great as Mike is and now I know it won't cost me an arm and leg to maintain the car /same can't be told about the Ferrari dealer service or some of the shops around me/. Mike is great at communicating. I caught myself messaging him late night at 8-9pm /11pm - 12 Mike's time/ and he would reply right away. Mike followed up after the car was delivered to me and is still in touch with me even the transaction was completed weeks ago. If I'll ever look for another ferrari, I won't waste my time doing any research on the car. Yes, it's a "waste of time" if you know Mike. If you don't, than you've no other option but to do your research. Mike is like a walking Ferrari encyclopedia that can find your dream car in no time. He's direct, honest, wastes no time and always there for you.

21. titangolf

titangolf Karting

May 25, 2010
    I purchased my 458 through Mike. Seamless transaction. Very nice and knowledgeable guy. You can have confidence buying a car sight unseen with Mike.

22. goblue22

goblue22 Karting

Sep 1, 2022
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    brian potash
    Add myself to the list of completely satisfied customers. I'm not going to detail my entire process, but I will say that working with Mike to buy my first Ferrari was an absolute pleasure. I completely recommend him in all respects. If anyone wants to hear any and all details to make them feel more comfortable, please feel free to contact me on my cell at anytime.

Best regards and thank you Mike Berman!!

Brian Potash
    917-697-6315

whatheheck likes this.
  23. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.

Mike is the man!

24. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    Mike is THE BEST! This is just how good... I happened to mention to him it may be time to move into a 458, and 2 days later he calls me with a person ready to buy my 430. He middled the entire process like a pro, and the buyer received the car today and is over the moon with it! Now I get to work with Mike to find my new to me car:)

He's not just a broker either. I had a goofy alarm system snafu with my 430, called Mike and within a minute he had an F mechanic on a 3 way call walking me through the solution.

if you're selling or buying, give him a call!

whatheheck likes this.
  25. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.

Great job Mike!

You are the man!

Dan