ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY | Page 3 | FerrariChat

ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Yellow Compass, Oct 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Thanks so much for you kind words!!! :)

makethemsaywow likes this.
  2. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Guys Business is BOOMING!!! keep the calls coming :) its my pleasure to guide you through the process !!!
    from a 355 to a 250 GTO!!! iam always here for all of you. SLEEP IS THE ENEMY!-LOL!!
    PS if you have a FERRARI question that i cant answer i have a FERRARI MASTER TECH ready to chat with you.
    Mike 973-610-7111
    NOT MUCH BEATS DRIVING A FERRARI

makethemsaywow and whatheheck like this.
  3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks Mike!

Keep the Ferrari passion going!

Dan

4. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Dan as always -THANK YOU , I wish you could be a fly on the wall and listen to the phone calls that i get!!!
    some last 15 min and some last 2 hrs !! They are all WONDERFUL!!!!!! You know how people say EVERY CAR HAS A STORY?
    well the real story is about the OWNER!! and the passion /tipping point that led them down the path to become or wanting to become a FERRARI owner!!!!!! iam %10 percent Supercar broker and %90 percent Psychiatrist. LOL!!!!!
    As i say when that transporter shows up at your house for the first time or in some cases the 15th time HAHA!! and the client is saying in his mind HOLY S---!!!! and then i get a phone call, MIKE MIKE MIKE MIKE MIKE!! Ya see what im saying ( its all so worth it :)

I LOVE WHAT I DO!!!!!!!!!!!

5. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I am happy to report that I am another fan of Mike. I had specified the model, colors and price I wanted to Mike and he made it happen. He was able to put me in contact with the owner of a F355 GTS in the specification I desired who did not even have the car for sale, but agreed to talk about it. After many conversations with Mike and the owner he agreed to sell the car to me. There is no way this would have happened without Mike so don't be afraid to pick up your phone and give him a call. The only catch is you have to call him and have a conversation before he can help you but you wont be disappointed!

JRE and whatheheck like this.
  6. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    #56 Yellow Compass, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Hi Dan!!! THANKS!!! we had fun didnt we!!!! :) Its my pleasure to be part of your well deserved dream !!!!!
    ENJOY THE RIDE YOU'VE EARNED IT

7. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
  8. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
    Just thought I would shout out to the forum here about my great experience with Mike . I'm a First time Ferrari owner with but with a lot of years of experience in the repair end of the car business . Mike set me up with a black 458 coupe that was offered for sale here with most of the options I wanted and I still keep finding accessories and carbon fiber I didn't realize was on the car . Some folks think Mike's sales techniques are a little unconventional but his enthusiasm and love of Ferrari's is off the charts and when I saw the car for the first time I realized he absolutely helped fulfill a dream of mine .

eyeman1234 likes this.
  9. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Thanks Bob!!!!!! Im truly thrilled foy ya!!!!!!! SO SPECIAL :)

10. Markh1

Markh1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2017
    Delaware, Ohio
    Just wanted to ad maybe a different perspective as I had a wonderful 458 for sale. Rather than go through all the emails and phone calls, I contacted Mike to help me out. I’ve been around the forum for a couple years but not much into posting. Having seen how much traffic Mike creates, it was an easy decision for me. Took a little while to sell but as the weather broke, interest picked up and I was able to send my car on its way just a couple days ago to it’s new owner. Absolutely loved working with Mike, made the whole experience loads of fun. Best thing is, he always keeps the line of communication open, sometimes a short conversation often longer, whatever it takes. Made the sale for me soo much easier. One of the best parts is the car is now with someone who I know will throughly enjoy and care for it. Thanks Mike for working with me on this deal!

eyeman1234 likes this.
  11. MoreGarages413

MoreGarages413 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Suburban Philadelphia PA
    Full Name:
    Jay B
    I just bought my first Ferrari with Mike’s help. I found a car that caught me eye, but I took a slow and methodical approach researching what I wanted. Mike proved a great resource. He invested his time in me with no clear indication of where or if it would progress. At no point was there any sales tactic pressure or shtick. When my interest sharpened, he got me the documentation I needed, pointed me to local Ferrari resources I could leverage and connected me with the owner. Once I pulled the trigger he helped get the car to me quickly and safely. Mike did not sell me the car; he acted as a consultant in helping connect the right buyer with the right seller and car. He has my full recommendation and endorsement.

JRE, eyeman1234 and DefunctNeurons like this.
  12. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Jay this deal was alot of fun for me toooo !! i loved how excited you were from as soon as the car arrived to your first test drive ( MAYBE 45 SECONDS IM GUESSING LOL!!! )
    Enjoy the hell out of it my brother!!!!
    Thank you for letting me be a part of making your dream become a reality :)
    Mike

13. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    Mike at Yellow Compass is Awesome! I agree with so many previous posts regarding his general excitement for people and Ferraris – there is no other way to go than with Mike. It may take a conversation or two to get used to his ways but you’ll realize that he’s the only way to go if you want to buy or sell a Ferrari or need components. The open communication, constant availability, personalized help and connections he has and is willing to share are unbelievable. If the time comes to move on from my F430 I’ll be calling Mike again.

Mike, I also wanted to thank you personally for your help with what seemed like 100s of general Q&A texts and phone calls over the past several months and then specifically with my F430 Spider and the exhaust components. I love the car and how it drives & sounds.

Frank

JRE and eyeman1234 like this.
  14. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Frank ,thank you for the very kind words they mean alot to me!! its my pleasure to be there to help each and every one of you.

15. kevin5889

kevin5889 Rookie

May 27, 2006
    Wanted to thank Mike for getting me a beautiful f355. I did my research and found a link on YouTube to make my decision to use him. However, when the time came to pull the trigger, things move fast. Nice/Perfect cars don't come around often. I pulled the trigger without usually doing my due diligence on the car (inspection) etc... I did this only because Mike assured me the car was perfect and vouched for it. Things don't always go perfectly and I understand that. The car was sitting and car was rough when it was delivered to me. ( to save on shipping and final price to me, Mike never saw the car in person) Once I let Mike know, he assured me that it would be taken care of. Problem was the car was now imported into Canada and it couldn't be brought back down for service/inspection. All along Mike was available, he had his main mechanic contact mechanics on my side and so forth. I was confident and never felt I was going to be left hanging with an extra service bill. Turned out to be spark plugs and the bill was reimbursed by seller. Long story short. The car is what I expected it to be if not better, Mike was available when needed, did what it takes to keep a customer happy. There was some doubt if I made the right decision, when the car was delivered underpowered. I would highly recommend Mike, I expect to use him again in the future.

Sent from my SM-G950W using FerrariChat.com mobile app

LI2782 and eyeman1234 like this.
  16. skinnyd

skinnyd Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    I dont usually post reviews. But Mike at Yellow Compass is knowledgeable, personable and gets the job done. He was absolutely helpful, respectful and a great resource and helped me with my Ferrari sale. I recommend talking to him if you are buying or selling a Ferrari. Thank you Mike.

eyeman1234 likes this.
  17. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018
    First time Ferrari buyer here (and longtime fchat lurker learning a ton – thank you). I have been looking at 458s for a couple of years and seriously looking to buy over the last year. I spoke to several different brokers after wasting a lot of time on the dealers. I never understood Mike’s online persona until I spoke to him and that changed everything. We ended up talking 2-3 times every single day over 3 weeks until the deal was done (and have spoken quite a bit since then).

Mike nailed it with the 458 Spider we ended up on. The sale was anything but easy and I am a super particular guy, but Mike worked really really hard to make it happen. Even though his commission was the seller’s responsibility I paid him some for everything he did. He also set me up with his contacts for a PPI and transport. I flew his master tech, Alfonso, in from NJ and he was outstanding. Look forward to working with him on the next car.

eyeman1234 likes this.
  18. Jstephen

Jstephen Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    JStephen
    First time Ferrari buyer here as well, Mike helped me ultimately find the 6-speed 360 that was the right car for me. I can honestly say you won't find someone as helpful as Mike when it comes to navigating the market. Mike never seems to stop working, have a question at 8pm on a Saturday night? Mike is one quick text away. During my search Mike was one of my regular phone calls on my commute into work each day, giving me an update on anything new and telling me to be patient as the right car will come along. He has a tremendous wealth of knowledge and he's honest about the market, he'll even give you an no BS outlook on what depreciation you might be looking at over the next few years.

I think there's people out there that initially bristle at his sometimes all capitalized bombastic posting style. Honestly I was initially one of them. But I can say is that after a few phone calls with Mike you'll see things differently. He's straightforward about how he works, he was always open about how the deal works and clear about how he gets paid. He might challenge your thinking and introduce you to other possibilities, but he'll never pressure you into a car that you don't want. While there were certainly times that I contemplated settling for an F1, Mike ultimately helped me find patience until the right gated option came along.

I think the best endorsement I can give though is that when I'm ready to find the next car or I'm in the position to have to sell my current one, Mike will be the first phone call I make.

19. 911or458

911or458 Rookie

Sep 19, 2018
    Ca
    Full Name:
    David
    Also wanted to give a review of my experience buying a car from Mike. It was nothing less than completely smooth, transparent and extremely helpful. Car was delivered in better than expected condition.

A little while after buying the car, I had some battery issues (my fault) but Mike was there for me along with his master mechanic on conference call immediately (also after business hours). And on more than one occasion. Where else do you get that?

Guys, we all know that buying a Ferrari is a luxury. So congrats to you who have one! I don’t know about you, but I don’t know much about Ferraris other than they are pretty, fast, intoxicating, may get you laid, and more complicated machines than a BMW or Porsche.

With Mike on my team for life, I have the power of knowledge. When something goes wrong I have a lifeline. The best lifeline. His name is Mike.

Do yourself a favor and give him a call. Your only regret may be trying to keep your wife out of the drivers seat and you where you should be.

Cheers

Happy owner of a 430 M/T
    Live the dream!

20. Atlas99

Atlas99 Rookie

Apr 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    joel rosenberg
    I am pretty new to this forum, and was recently in the market for a 458 spider. I reached out to a couple of the more seasoned vets directly and Mike responded almost immediately. After just a few calls and texts, it was easy to recognize Mike as an invaluable resource and a wealth of knowledge. I had some specific parameters of what i wanted and had some unusual circumstances with my finances, these did not dissuade mike from helping as much as he could. I probably talked to him 2-3 times a day for 2 weeks straight, with his guidance and advice, i think i was able to dodge a couple potential bullets, and even though i did not buy a car through him, he was sincerely happy that i was able to find the car i wanted. I would not hesitate for an instant to call him regarding my next purchase, or to refer him to a friend of mine, or even just to shoot the breeze. FWIW, i bought a 2013 458 spider w 5500 miles on it, pics to come.

Joel

whatheheck and eyeman1234 like this.
  21. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Once again Mike delivered for me - thanks, Mike- anyone considering buying or selling a Ferrari should talk to him! Remember and I can't stress this enough, he also knows about cars that owners want to sell but don't want to advertise.
    FERRARI buyers are crazy... sometimes... and Mike can handle it!!!
    Talk to him- day or night- you will see.

22. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Thanks Eyeman!! The kind words are very appreciated !! Love working with you !! Our early morning breakfasts are great too :)

PS
    I thought I would post this again for those who haven’t seen it yet .

I often say that we as Ferrari owners are caretakers of the brand. I always try to impress upon my clients that we might have many stops on the Ferrari train. In helping the first time buyer or return buyer, it is always important to think first about the Ferrari brand and what that means to so many of us. The model, color and other options can sometimes be secondary to the joy of ownership. Any time a new guy calls me I ask him for his wish list because I want to know what is on his mind. It is my job to help all my clients end up with the right car for themselves at this point in their lives, but humbly I say as caretakers we should always be open to discover how our opinions may also change over time. Plainly said, Ferrari is the ice cream & the model is the flavor and luckily we all have a lot to choose from.
    I TREAT EVERY CLIENT AS IF I WERE THE CLIENT.
    Mike 973-610-7111
    http://ycsupercars.com/

whatheheck likes this.
  23. suleyman

suleyman Rookie

Apr 22, 2014
    PNW
    This is another testimonial to Mike and his expertise with all things Ferrari. I approached him about a Capristo sound 2 exhaust for my F355, which is a custom order from the factory. (As I learned from Mike, Sound 1/3 is the more commonly stocked item) He was extremely knowledgeable about the technical details of this product and brokered a very fair price. Despite having to ship direct from Germany, the exhaust arrived well ahead of schedule, right to my install shop in Seattle. I just took my first spin with the new exhaust, and it is truly glorious! Any 355 guys even thinking about the Capristo, call Mike right now. Thank you big Mike! Looking forward to meeting you in person someday and our next F-car transaction.

24. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    #74 Yellow Compass, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Thank you for the kind words!! im HAPPY THAT YOUR HAPPY :) Enjoy that 355 ROCKET SHIP!!
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/its-here-ferrari-md-the-only-way-to-do-a-ppi.602107/

25. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Same comments here, Mike is awesome!

Anyone looking for your dream car contact Mike. He will work very hard to find your dream car for you.

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk