ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY | Page 8 | FerrariChat

ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Yellow Compass, Oct 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rstenson

rstenson Rookie

Jan 12, 2007
    Mike is great to work with. He helped sell my 360 and is a pleasure to do business with. He was on top of what was happening with the car the entire time. I will certainly use him again buying or selling. Highly recommended!!

Randy

whatheheck likes this.
  2. Lance Leighton

Aug 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    Lance Leighton
    After calling Mike on a whim, we struck a deal on my childhood dream car- where he brokered a clean, Yellow 355 GTS . Throughout the entire process, Mike was professional, diligent, responsive and most importantly- HONEST !!!
    This is where I tell you MIKE IS DIFFERENT THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE BUSINESS...
    Overall, I would highly recommend Mike Berman to ANYONE in the market for a Ferrari. His knowledge and connectivity for these cars are unparalleled :)

ShineKen and whatheheck like this.
  3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Great job Mike! Another satisfied customer!

Yes, Mike is the best auto broker I have ever dealt with and I recommend him highly.

Dan

4. PCF21

PCF21 Rookie

Feb 12, 2021
    California
    Full Name:
    Pete Feldman
    My new to me first Ferrari arrived today. I owe Mike a huge thanks for all the help, guidance, advice and attention that made today happen. I reached out to Mike via email, he called me within minutes, asked me all the right questions and helped me think through what was the right car for me at this time. I started with what I thought I wanted and after a few discussions and looking at potential options I settled on a 458. I could not be happier. Mike made me comfortable and confident in my decision and I was not disappointed. High touch service from someone who knows these cars and has tons of connections. My only worry is that this will not be the last Ferrari I buy through him.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. Leadfoot09

Leadfoot09 Rookie

May 30, 2010
    I have done 3 Ferrari deals with Mike, with the 3rd being completed this week. Each transaction has been effortless, timely, and professional. Mike always delivers on his commitments and is a pleasure to deal with. I now consider him to be a friend. I can’t recommend him highly enough.

Thanks Mike!! And keep up the good work!!

Ted

ShineKen and whatheheck like this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Manual?

Nonoyeahyeah likes this.
  7. SLH 360

SLH 360 Rookie

Dec 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    Steve Herbert
    Mike is quite an interesting guy with a passion for cars.
    I initially posted a want to buy ad looking for a car on FChat and Mike almost immediately reached out to me.
    We spoke multiple times going over what I was looking for and he knew of several cars that he thought might be of interest.
    The thing with Mike is he knows where the really top cars are located and has a way of prying them away from their caretakers.
    Today I took delivery of a beautiful 2001 550 Maranello with 7800 miles, all service records, 3 owner Arizona car and multi platinum award winner.
    Couldn't be happier with the process and the results.

whatheheck likes this.
  8. Dante Marinelli

Jul 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Dante Marinelli
    Mike is “The MAN” he had my car sold in less than a week. If you are thinking about buying or selling you owe it to yourself to give him a call. Thanks Mike!!!

whatheheck likes this.
  9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Mike is The Man indeed!

10. novi

novi Rookie

Dec 21, 2015
    SoCal
    I wholeheartedly echo Mike is the man as his latest happy customer!
    He's a damn funny and straight forward guy to introduce me to the Ferrari world. Taught me differences between models and giving me leads to many choices before I decided on my first Ferrari!
    The man doesn't sleep and lives and breathes Ferraris!

Thanks so much Mike!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

whatheheck likes this.
  11. m3doc

m3doc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2008
    Yet another satisfied client here. Mike helped me get my 458 sold in the smoothest and fastest transaction I've ever had in all my years of buying cars. I got way more than I would have if I tried to trade it in, buyer got a good deal, and I didn't have to go through the hassle of selling it on my own. Win-win for everyone. I will be speaking with Mike first for any future Ferrari purchases. This was a pleasurable experience from start to finish. Imagine selling a car being pleasurable.... this is the way it should be.

Thanks again Mike!

whatheheck likes this.
  12. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    I have read a lot of posts about Mike and will most likely call him when i am ready to pull the trigger on my first Ferrari. Am up in the air over 355/360/430 but it's gotta be a gated car. My family has a few Ferrari's but i want my first on my own. Good to hear Mike has such a good reputation on this forum. Makes a potential first time buyer much more comfortable in reaching out to him. ARA

13. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Another satisfied customer.

Great job Mike!

Keep up the great work!

14. Iriedon40

Iriedon40 Rookie

Dec 12, 2020
    Tampa
    Full Name:
    Don
    I have to agree Mike is the best, I started out looking for my first Ferrari a 612, since I wanted a 4 seater Mike had several that he was brokering deals with, but non were exactly what I was looking for. He was patient and responsive I don’t think this guy sleeps, I finally convinced my wife that we needed to spend a little more an found an FF in our area and Mike was so gracious to help guide me in making the deal and he had no connection to the car. Truly he is exceptional and HONEST, very hard to find that in someone doing sales. He is truly a walking computer when it comes to Ferrari. Mike’s saying is that everyone is 100% satisfied and I can see why. If I sell my car in the future Mike will be my first call.
    Mike you are truly an exceptional person.

whatheheck likes this.
  15. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Mike is truly an asset to our community.

Great job Mike!

16. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    Ok. Never thought I’d have a mike story...
    First called him about a Porsche valuation 6 months ago. He instantly looped in his buddy - guy that knew market. Told me I should take any offer >$90k. I’d been holding for $100k. I sold at 96k to a third party. Glad I did.

I joked someday a Ferrari.

fast forward 6 months. I’ve bought a sweet certified CaliT ( blue / tan) . Owned it a minute Love it.

But ...wanted more.... decided to buy an F12 to replace. Worked a trade with F dealer with mike echoing in my ear ( I’ll get you retail in a day...”). That said he also suggested trading to dealer was the easiest so I started down that path.

I agreed to buy an F12 and trade my car. But I asked the dealer for a day - thought I’d give that “brother brother” dude a chance.

ok so - He sold my car in an HOUR! for $20k more than the proposed trade!

Guy is a hustler - could do without the brother brother stuff but that’s an act. Guy is shrewd. He s a market maker - a source of liquidity. Knows where cars are hiding and knows buyers. In a ripping market like this that helps...

I’d use him again. Results speak loudly with me.

17. Ol Dave

Ol Dave Rookie

Feb 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    David Gur
    First off, I'm grateful and happy to join this very informative and pleasant community. I've learned a lot here and met a great dude, Mike, during my search for the perfect Ferrari F355. I had been searching for a gated 355 coupe for a while with very little luck. I checked out a GTS at Marshall Goldman in Beverly Hills which sold the next day for an extravagant amount. I had found a black on tan GTB in Missouri which I almost pulled the trigger on but it was during a storm and I could not fly out there. There was another one just outside of Los Angeles which I checked out and it really needed a lot of work and seemed pretty rough, especially for the asking price. At some point, I gave up on the F355 and decided to go for a 360 Stradale, and that's when I called Mike. We went over a car or two and I think Mike could tell the 360 was my second choice and what I really wanted was the 355.

Long story short, Mike sourced an off-market 1999 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta 6-speed with 33k miles on the clock. Giallo Modena, Carbon Fiber Sport Seats, Capristo Exhaust, Engine-out service done, stickies done, she was just perfect. Mike got me all the info I needed on the car, tapped into all the resources he has compiled over the years to go over and address any questions and concerns I had as a first time buyer of an older Ferrari, sent tons of pictures, videos, etc. I couldnt ask for more. The car looked amazing in pics, but I had not seen it in person.

When the car finally arrived safe and sound thanks to Plycar, it looked even better in person than it did in the photos. Everything was as he described. EVERYTHING. It's been a few months and I still call him every now and then with questions or looking for some advice and he is always there for me. I had owned a 2014 458 Spider a few years back but a modern Ferrari is a completely different animal than an older one. I wanted to venture out and experience the pureness of an older, naturally aspirated, high revving, gated manual Ferrari and I feel like I got the best experience imaginable with this guy.

Mike, thank you for making this an awesome experience. I'm genuinely looking forward to working with you on the next one!

whatheheck likes this.
  18. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Another satisfied customer!

Great job Mike!!!
    Keep up the great work buddy!

Dan L.

19. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Hi All,

So I want to share my story about Mike here (but for those who want the quick summary: Mike is the only guy you need, want, or should talk to if you are looking to buy or sell a Ferrari.)

So I've collected and restored many classic cars and motorcycles over my 55 years, and always felt I knew my way around the market. Like most, I've made a mistake or two along the way, but overall I've always considered myself a smart "car guy" who had spent his money, and time, well over the years. But I'd never owned a Ferrari, until this week.

I'd wanted a 12 cylinder Ferrari since I was a kid, but for one reason or another always bought something else. For a number of reasons, I decided this year was going to be the year. But when I started my way down this road, all that confident car guy knowledge seemed to go by the wayside... The purchase of these cars can be intimidating, and I soon found that the Ferrari market is unlike any other. It isn't like buying a 911, not by a longshot.

The smartest call I made, after finding his name here and online, was to Mike Berman. This guy doesn't just "have your back", he was like my Ferrari therapist. He sensed that my first choice in a car - or what I thought was my first choice (a gated 456M) - was not really what I wanted, and made me feel great about shifting my focus to a 575M. But there are a fair number of these available, which to buy? Mike got to work, and quickly found an off-market car in exactly the colors I hoped for (TRD over CUOIO.) But crazy enough, I also happened to find one within an hour's drive from my home, which looked really good on paper. Mike encouraged me to go take a look, and keep him in the loop.

Well the one near me turned out to be a beautiful car, just what I was looking for. Mike asked me to send him pics, service records etc. We discussed what the car might need in detail, as well as everything it had going for it that made it a solid buy. And this is where Mike closed the deal as a real Mensch (for those of you not familiar with the word, it's Yiddish for "a man of integrity and honor", a guy you can really trust.) He said "Joel, buy it. You are not going to find a nicer one, that's your car."

Yes, he told me this was the right car for me over the car he had located, and he didn't make a cent off the transaction for doing so. And to the extent I need advice, maintenance support / contacts etc. down the road, Mike made it clear that he's still got my back - even though I didn't buy the car through him.

Mike is a guy who loves and understands Ferraris and the Ferrari market, but more importantly he understands Ferrari buyers and your individual market - the only one that counts, the car that you or me want to purchase, and why we want to purchase it. So if you are looking for the right car, the Ferrari that you can feel confident about purchasing and great about owning, make your first call a call to Mike Berman.

He likes to say that he hasn't had anything but satisfied customers over hundreds of transactions. With most people you know that kind of talk is a lot of BS. With Mike, he's not making it up. I'm looking forward to actually buying a car from Mike in future, but for now I owe him a major thank you, and wanted to pass on my experience to others.

Best,

Joel

whatheheck likes this.
  20. Snaponjackson

Snaponjackson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    Strike up another win for Mike!
    I put my 458 on the market a couple of months ago but it had an issue with the title. We had to get it corrected before it could be sold. Mike lines up 3 or 4 guys that are interested. Just add to find someone patient enough to wait for the title correction. Mike said don't worry I will have it sold 15 minutes after the correction is completed and he did. AMAZING! Thanks again Mike for all of your help! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G781U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

whatheheck likes this.
  21. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Mine is indeed amazing!

Thanks for sharing.

Great job Mike!!!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #197 spyder625, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    GUYS - you want easy, no hassle, instant sale, painless transactions, constant communication Yellow Compass is your company. Mike is hand down the BEST guy I have dealt with. NO BS, NO NONSENSE! Only closing deals and working hard for the seller. The company is the BEST IN THE BUSINESS.... Thanks Fellows again without you id still be dealing with people who cant or want to just kick the tires.

23. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    I’ll start by saying if I’m going to buy another or sell my current Ferrari I’d call Mike, that should tell you what you need to know. Mike is great to work with, he is literally always available, has a wealth of knowledge, great contacts, is fun to work with, great discounts on aftermarket products and most importantly he will find you the car you’re looking for at a reasonable price. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him. Just make sure you’re clear with what you want and be ready to pull the trigger when he finds the car you want. I also recommend getting as many detailed pictures as possible of the car and/or going to see it in person because I’ve learned that not every seller has the same idea of perfect or mint condition. I’ve worked with Mike a few times now and the end result is always great, call Mike you won’t regret it. If anyone has questions about my experiences feel free to call me at 1.248.534.6843.
    Frank

Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck likes this.
  24. steven t evans

Jul 24, 2020
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Evans
    Does anyone have contact information for Mike Berman?

25. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    Steven,
    You won't regret the call. 973.610.7111
    Frank